El Salitre makes for a unique sightseeing experience with its ample offerings in public venues for Sports and Outdoor activities. Here sports fans will find the Football (Soccer) Stadium, the Olympic Water Complex (biggest and most modern of South America), and the city's league venues for all sorts of disciplines like tennis, track and field, basketball, volleyball and bowling all within walking distance of each other. Outdoor fans will find the city's biggest Public Park (Simón Bolívar), home to the most crowded open-air concerts and festivals year-round, and favorite destination for all sorts of activities such as jogging, biking, kite-flying, pedal-boating, etc. Culture fans will be at home with the district's offerings of Museums, including a Botanical Garden displaying the most amazing floral showcase of the continent. The district also contains Ciudad Salitre, the best planned residential zone of the city where upper middle class and some of the upper class of the city has its residency; this part of the city offers a very good mix of services, residence and infrastructure.
- Jardín Botánico José Celestino Mutis, Calle 63 No 68-95, ☎ . 2,000 COP.
- Maloka, Cra 68D No 24A-51 (Neighborhood El Salitre), e-mail: email@example.com. Built in 1998, Maloka is one of the only science centers in South America. It houses interactive exhibitions about biodiversity, physics, telecommunications, conquest of space and environment protection as well as the only dome theater of the continent. Interactive exhibitions : 9,000 COP / Dome theater : 11,000 COP.
- [dead link]Gran Estación, It is localed at Av. Calle 26 No. 62-47, ☎ . A very modern mall, located in the west of the city near to airport El Dorado. Here you can find several shops, pubs, coffee bar, market, restaurants, banks and cinemas and different places with 100% of entertainment.
- Bogota B&B hostel, Av. Calle 32 No. 15-63 Teusaquillo (close to transmillenio bus station profamilia), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 10AM, but you can stay at the hostel till late night. A 5 min. walk from the national museum and the national parc is a quiet nice safe hostel with nice personal atmosphere. 15 min. walk to Candelaria, but take care at night. The hostel also includes a nice kitchen, clean rooms and dorms, 1 outdoor patio, a big living room with 2 hammocks, TV and DVD-Player, free coffee, good Wi-Fi and 1 Internet terminal (but weak computer), laundry facilities (20,000 COP for 10kg=22pounds of washing and drying) Dorm bed : 18,000 COP / Single with shared bath : 30,000 COP / Twin : 50,000 COP / Double with bath : 60,000 COP.
- La Playa Hotel Fusión, Carrera 19 No. 33-04 Teusaquillo, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A nice hostel.
- [dead link]Hotel Lourdes, Calle 63 No. 15-61, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located nearby the Transmilenio this nice hotel offers great value for money, including free internet and TV. Single rooms with private bath COP$70,000.
- Hotel Park Way, Av. Carrera. 24 No. 39 B-32 La Soledad, ☎ . Hotel Park Way offers single, double and triple rooms with 24-hour internet connection, mini-bar and breakfast. Its facilities and services include Wi-Fi internet access, cultural artifacts shop, fax and laundry services.
- Hotel Santafe Real, Avenida Esperanza 40-31, ☎ . All rooms are equipped with cable television, kitchen, dining area, and minibar. Some of its facilities and services include 24-hour front desk, restaurant, room service, safe deposit boxes, terrace, and Wi-Fi connection. Room rates start at COP 142,000.00.
- Bogota Marriott Hotel, Av. El Dorado n.º 69b - 53, Bogotá, Colombia, ☎ , fax: . The Bogota Marriott has 264 rooms and 15 suites with service high speed internet, desk for visitors to the city for work and soundproof windows. It offers spacious meeting rooms, pool, gym, 3 treatment rooms for massages and spa services, a Japanese restaurant and other Italian food. Prices range between $200-800.