Bonnyville is a town in east-central Alberta between Cold Lake and St. Paul. The surrounding Municipal District (MD) of Bonnyville No. 87's municipal office is located in Bonnyville. The community was named after Father Bonnin, a Roman Catholic priest.
Bonnyville is located on the north shore of Jessie Lake, with Moose Lake and Muriel Lake nearby. Jessie Lake is an important staging area for thousands of migrating birds, and therefore attracts birdwatchers.
Bonnyville's economy is based on nearby oil reserves and agricultural resources, and benefits from its location between the markets of St. Paul and Cold Lake
- Bonnyville is about 2½ hours northeast of Edmonton on Highway 28.
- Cold Shot. Bus service to Edmonton, via St. Paul, and Cold Lake.
- Northern Express service has been suspended (as of Jan 2021).
- Bonnyville Taxi, ☏ .
- Aristocrat Taxi Line, ☏ .
- Bonnyville & District Museum, 4401 54 Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Showcases the history of the Bonnyville district as you explore 13 buildings and picturesque 3-acre grounds.
- 1 Moose Lake Provincial Park (15 km (9 mi) west of Bonnyville on Hwy 660), ☏ . On the shores of Moose Lake, activities include power boating, sailing, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing, camping, canoeing/kayaking, and fishing.
- 2 Bonnyville Golf & Country Club (5 km SW of Bonnyville on Highway 28), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 18-hole championship golf course that provides views of Moose Lake and Chatwin Lake; also sits adjacent to camping facilities on Moose Lake
- 3 R.J. Lalonde Arena (Bonnyville & District Centennial Centre). Home to the Bonnyville Pontiacs ice hockey team.
- Broiler, 6026 50 Avenue, ☏ . Canadian, steak.
- Express Pizza Plus, 4813 50 Avenue, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-10PM; F Sa 10AM-11PM; Su 10AM-9PM. Pizza, subs, donairs, pasta, salads
- 1 Jennies Diner & Bakery, 5105 51 Street, ☏ . M-Sa 8AM-8PM. 1950s-themed diner.
- Bonnyville RV Park, 46305 Township Road 610 (west & south along Hwy 28/41 to Twp Rd 610, west 250 km to the entrance), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Muriel Lake - 4 separate campgrounds on the shores of Muriel Lake, 11 km (7 mi) south of Bonnyville
- Moose Lake - 4 separate campgrounds on the shores of Moose Lake, 5–20 km (3–12 mi) west of Bonnyville
Hotels & motels
- 1 Best Western Bonnyville Inn & Suites, 101-5401 43 Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Bonnyville Hotel, 5002 50 Avenue, ☏ , fax: . $65-$75.
- 3 Comfort Inn & Suites, 5404 Lakeland Road, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 4 Days Inn, 5810 50 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 5 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 4404 52 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 6 Microtel Inn & Suites, 5409 Lakeland Road, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 7 The Neighbourhood Inn, 5011 66 Street, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 8 Neighbourhood Inn Express, 6407 50 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9 Western Budget Motel, 6026 50 Avenue, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
|Routes through Bonnyville|
|Edmonton ← Kalyna Country ←||W E||→ Cold Lake → END|
|Ends at W E ←||N S||→ Jct W → Vermilion → Medicine Hat|