The village is the quintessential British seaside resort, with mixed sand and stony beach, sea wall, pubs and shops selling plastic buckets and spades.
The small B4353 goes through the village and connects to the A487 between Aberystwyth and Machynlleth.
There is an hourly bus service between Aberystwyth and Ynyslas via Borth on Monday-Saturday (no Sunday service)
- 1 Ynyslas. Large sandy beach and sand dunes on the Dyfi estuary. Small nature information hut open in summer. Parking on the sand, payment in peak season..
- 2 Borth Animalarium. small zoo
- The beach.
- Walk along the cliff tops to Aberystwyth
- Borth and Ynyslas Golf Club.
There are a number of hotels and B&B in the village and a few caravan sites on the edge of town.
- Heulwen Bed and Breakfast, mbrian Terrace, ☎ .