This city of Bosaso is not only the largest and fastest growing in northeastern part of Somalia, Puntland, but one of the largest in Somalia. It has served as a refueling station for maritime transport between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf ports, and has also become an important commercial point of entry.
Bender Qassim International Airport is the country's third-most busiest airport but most flights are international and domestic from Dubai to Bosaso. International flights are however available from Aden and Nairobi several times a week.
Reaching Bosaso by land is somewhat complicated, mainly due to the porous security situation. The road leading from Puntland capital Garoowe has recently been paved but other roads are in bad condition or non-existent.
There is a bus service in Bosaso, Garowe, Qardho and Galkacyo. There are also services between the major towns and adjacent villages operated by different types of vehicles such as 4 wheel drives and light goods vehicles (LGV). To travel outside of major cities, the central government requires foreigners to take an armed guard with them.
You can also go to Biyo Kulule which is a place you can visit and swim with natural hot water.
Swim, shop or walk around.
You can buy almost everything you want: clothes, groceries, etc.
- Macruf Supermarket, Near Panaroma Hotel.
- Jubba Super Market, Near Jubba Hotel.
Rice with fish, rice with chicken, rice with fresh meat goat or camel, pasta with all kinds, somali food etc.
Somali tea, a sweetened, spiced milk tea
Fresh juice like lemon, watermelon, banana or mango.
- 1 Gaayte Hotel, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Beachfront high-end hotel.
- 2 International Village Hotel. Well-guarded hotel in the south of town offering 3-star accommodation.
- Jubba Hotel, Airpot Road (Follow the Airport road). Its Located at the long road to and from the Bosaso Airport 20€.
- Tropical Hotel, Located on the long road to and from the airport (Follow the airport road), ☎ . 6am-11am.