This city of Bosaso is the largest and fastest growing in northeastern part of Somalia, Puntland, and one of the largest in Somalia. It has served as a refueling station for maritime transport between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf ports, and has also become an important commercial point of entry.
Bender Qassim International Airport is the country's third-most busy airport. Most flights are international, from Dubai to Bosaso. International flights are also available from Aden and Nairobi several times a week.
Reaching Bosaso by land is somewhat complicated, mainly due to the porous security situation. The road leading from Puntland capital Garoowe has been paved but other roads are in bad condition or non-existent.
There is a bus service in Bosaso, Garowe, Qardho and Galkacyo. There are also services between the major towns and adjacent villages operated by different types of vehicles such as 4 wheel drives and light goods vehicles (LGV).
To travel outside of major cities, the central government requires foreigners to take an armed guard with them.
You can also go to Biyo Kulule which is a place you can visit and swim with natural hot water. Gaaca which is brook with ever flowing water streams is available option. Laag, Karin and Yalho will also be in the list. Rays garden is within the city and provides Somali and Arab dishes and some friendly atmosphere. Bacaad, Mareero and Gaaca are tourist attractions as well, you need to prepare some safari journey to roam these hills and places.
Swim, shop or walk around.
You can buy almost everything you want: clothes, groceries, etc.
- Jubba Super Market, Near Jubba Hotel.
- Macruf Supermarket, Near Panaroma Hotel.
Rice with fish, rice with chicken, rice with fresh meat goat or camel, pasta with all kinds, Somali food etc.
- Somali tea, a sweetened, spiced milk tea
- Somali coffee
- Fresh juice such as lemon, watermelon, banana or mango.
- 1 Gacayte Hotel, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. This beachfront hotel opened in 1966, and was the most prestigious in northern Somalia until the civil war. Reopened in 2014, Gacayte Hotel is the most high-end option in the area.
- 2 International Village Hotel. Well-guarded hotel in the south of town offering 3-star accommodation.
- Jubba Hotel, Airport Road (Follow the Airport road). It's on the long road to and from the Bosaso Airport. €20.
- Tropical Hotel, on the long road to and from the airport (follow the airport road), ☏ . 6am-11am.