Bovec is a city in northwestern Slovenia.
- From Italy and Austria via Tarvisio (Trbiž) and Predel Pass (1156 m)
- From Kranjska gora via Vršič Pass (1611 m)
- From Italy via Udine (Videm) - Tarcento (Čenta) - Uccea (Učja) - Žaga
- From Nova Gorica - Tolmin - Kobarid
Buses  run from Ljubljana twice a day during the week and take approximately 3.5h. It costs €13.60.
The site where the 2008 Disney film, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian was shot on location here.
- Fort Bovške Kluže
The soča river is famous for its white-water rafting or kayaking possibilities. There are many companies in Bovec with offers for kayaking, rafting, canyoning or hydrospeed. A kayak trip including all material will cost about €40 per person for a 1-2 hour trip. There are plenty of mountain biking (bike rentals for approx. €20/day) and hiking trails along the mountain that borders the city. Topographical trail maps can be purchased at the tourist information center for €7.
There is a cable car that runs up the Kanin mountain but check the schedule as it doesn't run in the off season. 
- Soča Rafting, SI-5230 Bovec, ☏ . Offers whitewater rafting, canyoning, kayaking, hydrospeeding. Discounts available if you choose to do more than one option with them. Very helpful, friendly, English speaking staff.
- Bovec rafting team, ☏ . This company has a lot of experience, with excellent staff.
- SočaRider, under KAVARNA Cafe house, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Focusing more on small group trips and nice familiar atmosphere. Offers Whitewater kayak courses from beginner to advance level, easy Kayak Trips for beginners, and Family rafting trips for families with small kids from the age of 4.
- 1 Letni Vrt, Trg golobarskih zrtev 1. Apparently their 200 seats are not enough, since we had to wait for half an hour for a free table. Excellent food, staff speak their languages, and not too expensive.
- Jojo Bar, Rupa 7a, ☏ . 6:30-22:00. Located just 80m from town center on a calm location with an astoning view to the surrounding mountains. It offers a variety of drinks and a Free internet (WiFi) access to guests.
- Apartments Jojo, Rupa 7a, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 10:00. Comfortable accommodation with parking available in front of the house. Free Wi-Fi. Each apartment has two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom with shower and WC, large living room, cable TV. from 40 EUR.
- 1 Camping Liza, Vodenca 4. Check-out: 12:00. Just like the two campsites next door, Liza is crowded with kayaks and rafts. Has a nice bar that also serves pizzas and other food. Free Wi-Fi. EUR10 pppn.
- Apartment Kanin, Klanc 37, ☏ . Run by a very friendly older woman, this apartment has 2 comfortable bedrooms, fully equipped bathroom, livingroom and fully equipped kitchen.
- 2 Accommodation Bovec Kot 33, Bovec Kot 33, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: after 11.00h, check-out: before 11.00h. Free parking, free Wi-Fi. Bathroom, shower, kitchen, TV. From 17.5 EUR.
- Alp Hotel, 48 Trg golobarskih žrtev, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 10AM. Nice hotel with rooms with nice views towards the nearby mountains. from €40/night.
- 3 Apartments Casa Alpina, Kot 103 (Turn from the main road at florist shop Amak near center of Bovec, and continue 200 meters.), ☏ . Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 2PM. New comfortable apartment (80m2) for 6 persons. Quiet location near center of Bovec. Spacious living room with balcony and internet corner, 2 bedrooms, garden. 15 EUR/night/apartment.