Jump to navigation Jump to search
- By train: Line RB 11315, operated by Deutsche Bahn from Wuppertal to Bonn, stops at Brühl station. You can also board the train at Cologne (Köln Hauptbahnhof).
- By U-Bahn: You can travel to Brühl with U-Bahn line 18 from Bonn Hauptbahnhof or Köln Hauptbahnhof/Dom stations. However, make sure that the train is going as far as Brühl, as not all journeys on the line do. This is much slower than travelling by train.
- 1 Augustusburg Palace (Schloss Augustusburg). Tu-F 9AM-Noon 1:30PM-4PM Sa-Su 10AM-5PM. The Augustusburg Palace has been placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The palace is one of the key works of Balthasar Neuman, and contains one of the finest Rococo interiors in the world, the highlight being the main staircase. Entry to Augustusburg is only by guided tours that are on the hour. is Also in the grounds is the magnificent hunting Lodge of Falkenlust, roughly 2km from Augustusburg. Tickets are available for each palace independently. Tickets to Falkenlust include an audio guide. Both palaces: €13/adult, €10/concession, €27/family, €7/student.
- 2 Max Ernst Museum, Comesstraße 42/Max-Ernst-Allee 1, 50321 Brühl. The Max Ernst museum is a short walk from both the Augustusburg Palace and Brühl station. It contains six rooms of paintings, sculptures and characteristic mixed-media collages covering the surrealist artist's extensive career. The staff are both helpful and knowledgeable and provide guided tours. The museum also hosts temporary exhibitions. You can buy combined tickets for the Palace and museum from the main desk.
- 1 Phantasialand, Berggeiststraße 31-41 (Dedicated shuttle buses from both Brühl railway station and Brühl-Mitte U-Bahn station). Daily 09:00–18:00 Summer, 11:00–18:00 or 20:00 Winter. Second largest amusement park in Germany with rides and entertainment shows. Day ticket €47.50 adult, €34.50 concessions. Two-day and one-year passes also available.
- Hotel Matamba, Berggeiststraße 31 (Phantasialand), ☏ .
- 1 Ramada Hotel Bruehl-Koeln, Römerstraße 1, ☏ .