Braemore Estate is a 900-acre tea, rubber and coffee estate, some 60 km from Thiruvananthapuram established by the British in 1880. It is one of the best trekking spots in Kerala and lies at a height of 300 meters above sea level.
KSRTC buses are available from East Fort, Thiruvananthapuram. The first bus starts at 6AM and reaches Braemore Estate by 7:30AM. The forest checkpost at Mankayam Waterfall requires a payments of ₹25 per vehicle. Buses are allowed to pass free.
Walking is the only option for getting around.
- Ayyappa Temple. An old termite mound converted into a granite temple.
- Braemore Tea Factory. One of the oldest tea factories in Kerala
- Madame Falls, 2 km. Very safe for bathing.
- 1 Mankayam Waterfalls, Near forest checkpost.
- Ramayana Cave. A stream originates from the cave.
- Seetha Waterfalls (2 km trekking). Very safe for bathing with a natural bathtub.
- 1 Trekking to Ponmudi Hills (4 km). Permission is required from the forest department. They charge ₹800 for a group of four persons and provide a guide.
There are no restaurants in the estate. You have to bring your own food or cook something here.
- Braemore Estate Bungalow, ☏ . Kitchen facility is provided. ₹5,000.
- Braemore Palace, ☏ .
- Braemore Hills, ☏ .