Situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Bragg Creek is a 40-minute drive from Calgary, close to the junctions of Highways 8 and 22, and is a popular destination for short day trips. It’s a community of artists, ranchers, local businesses and commuters. The area attracts many visitors, from hikers and bikers to those seeking culture in the unique shops and restaurants. Bragg Creek is well known as the gateway to Kananaskis Country, and many choose to take a picnic lunch to nearby Elbow Falls or one of the other leisure areas off Highway 66.
Bragg Creek is along Cowboy Trail (Highway 22), west of Calgary; it can be accessed from Calgary via either Highway 8 (Glenmore Trail) or Highway 22X.
- 1 Elbow Falls (20 km west of Bragg Creek on Hwy 66). Within Kananaskis Country, a small set of waterfalls which includes a 1-km-long hiking trail located on site and camping facilities nearby.
- Arts in Bragg Creek. A full directory of professional artists and their studios (some by appointment) in Bragg Creek.
- 1 Bragg Creek Provincial Park (5 minutes south of Bragg Creek on Hwy 758), ☏ .
- Wintergreen Golf and Country Club (4 km north of Bragg Creek along Wintergreen Road), ☏ .
- The Bavarian Inn Restaurant, 75 White Avenue, ☏ .
- Bragg's Korner Kitchen, 8-16 White Avenue, ☏ . M closed; Tu-Th Su 10AM-8PM, F Sa 10AM-9PM.
- Cow Town Beef Shack, 304-7 Balsam Avenue, ☏ .
- Creekers Bistro, 20 White Avenue, ☏ . Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The Italian Farmhouse Ristorante & Bar, 20 Balsam Avenue, ☏ .
- Sugar Shake Bakery & More, 4-16 White Avenue, ☏ . Retro style bakery offers baked goods, desserts, fruit pies, soft ice cream, specialty coffees, chicken or beef pot pies, sausage rolls, pepperoni or sausage twists, sandwiches, popcorn and much more.
- The Powderhorn Saloon, 7 Balsam Avenue, ☏ .
- See also: Kananaskis Country
- 1 Beaver Flats Campground (Elbow Falls Provincial Recreation Area) (30 km west of Bragg Creek along Hwy 66), ☏ .
- 2 Gooseberry Campground (Gooseberry Provincial Recreation Area) (10 km west of Bragg Creek along Hwy 66), ☏ .
- 3 Little Elbow Campground (Little Elbow Provincial Recreation Area) (35 km west of Bragg Creek along Hwy 66 (closed Dec 1 to May 15 annually)), ☏ .
- 4 McLean Creek Campground (McLean Creek Provincial Recreation Area) (2 km west of Bragg Creek along Hwy 66 and 1.3 km south on McLean Creek Trail), ☏ .
Bed & Breakfast
- Evergreen Country Bed & Breakfast, 352057 Leisure Lake Drive W, Foothills MD (8 minutes from Bragg Creek), ☏ , toll-free: .
- Kruger’s Guest House, 64 Breezewood Bay, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redwood Retreat Bed & Breakfast, 48 Wolf Drive, Redwood Meadows, ☏ .
- Riverside Chateau, 104 White Avenue, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Sleepy Creek Bed & Breakfast Inc., 233107 Wintergreen Road, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Craftsman House, 24 White Crescent, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
|Routes through Bragg Creek|
|Cochrane ← Jct W E ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Turner Valley → Black Diamond → ENDS at E W|