Brentwood is an affluent, suburban city in eastern Contra Costa County, California with a popular downtown for visitors coming from the Sacramento Valley to the county. It serves as one of the gateways to the East Bay, along with Discovery Bay, Livermore and Byron. Many in the city are commuters.
Highway 4 passes through the western and southern edges of Brentwood. Follow signs to get to downtown Brentwood. A BART station is planned to be finished in the next decade or so, but as of 2016, there is no train service to Brentwood.
Taxi service is available, but on a much reduced scale as compared to major cities and you won't be able to hail a cab; it is necessary to call and arrange for a taxi to pick you up. Rates are fixed by city ordinance and do not vary among companies.
- DC's Extraordinary Cherries, 22012 Marsh Creek Rd, ☏ . A cherry farm where you go out and pick cherries, check to see if the cherries are in season though.
- The Rave, 2625 Sand Creek Rd, ☏ . Located in The Streets shopping mall area, has plenty of parking and is a newer 14 screen movie theater
- Delta Cinema, 641 1st St, ☏ . Small two screen movie theatere
- The Streets. Huge newer shopping mall to spend the day shopping or eating.
- John's Ice Cream, 6660 Lone Tree Way, ☏ . Homemade ice cream and one dollar scoops of hefty portions of ice cream.
- Kinders, 5411 Lone Tree Way #110, ☏ . Known locally as one of the best places to get a great sandwich, local to Northern California with over a dozen franchises so far.
- Diger's Diner, 2261 Balfour Rd, ☏ . Family owned local American style diner, known locally as having some of the best burgers.
- Tailgaters Sport's Bar and Grill, 8065 Brentwood Blvd #6, ☏ . Good food and great sports atmosphere has a fully stocked bar, turns into a nightclub usually after 10PM
- Brentwood's Co Co County Wine Company, 633 1st St, ☏ . Has live music and dancing and offers samplings of various wines, cheeses and salami.
- Holiday Inn Express, 8820 Brentwood Blvd, ☏ .
|Routes through Brentwood|
|Hercules ← Antioch ←||W E||→ Discovery Bay → Stockton|