Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Brest — the center of the region. Brest Fortress is one of the basic memorials of the World War II. The memorial park also includes the archaeological museum of Berestye, the ancient settlement on the spot of Brest. The city itself is less remarkable, although it preserves several churches from the 19th century and an interesting railway museum.
- Baranavichy — a young city with a number of modern churches and an interesting railway museum.
- Kamyanyets — a town with the famous 13th century tower.
- Pinsk — one of the most remarkable cities in Belarus, with numerous churches, monasteries, and secular buildings from the 17th-19th centuries.
- Pruzhany — a small town that preserves a nice country estate and several fine churches from the 19th century.
- Byaroza — a town with the remains of the monastery from the 17th century.
- Kobryn — an ancient town with secular buildings from the 19th century and the museum of Suvorov.
- Kosava — a small town with a reasonably well-preserved Gothic Revival castle from the 19th century. The hometown of the Polish national hero Tadeusz Kościuszko.
- Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park — a national biosphere reserve and UNESCO World Heritage site, one of the largest remaining parts of the primeval forest in Europe.
- Chernavchitsy — a village that preserves a Catholic church from the late 16th century, one of the oldest monuments in Belarus.
- Ruzhany — a settlement with the remains of a magnificent palace and churches from the 16th-17th centuries.
- Zakosel — a village near Drahichyn with an impressive neo-gothic burial chapel.
Shuttle buses Brest - Kamyanyets - Kameniuky
- from Brest:
- 07:00, 12:30, 17:00 (minibus)
- 08:00, 14:30 (bus)
- from Kameniuky:
- 08:20, 14:10, 18:50 (minibus)
- 06:20, 10:00, 16:15 (bus)
Bus station inquiry: 114 (Russian speaking only)
- From Brest – take Brest-Kameniuky Highway (Р83) – 65 km.
- From Minsk – take Minsk-Brest (M1) Highway till the turn to Zhabinka Town (P7) and then turn to Kamyanyets and on to Kameniuky Village (P83) – around 380 km.
- From Minsk – take Minsk-Brest (M1) Highway till the turn to Slonim Town (P21) and then turn to Kamyanyets and on to Kameniuky Village (P83) – around 380 km.