- 1 Binghamton — has many fantastic examples of Romanesque Revival Architecture, ornate mansions and nice homes. It is also known as the Carousel Capital of America, home to 6 of the remaining 150 antique carousels in the nation
- 2 Endicott — was home of the Endicott Johnson Shoe Company, one of the largest shoe companies in the country in its day
- 3 Johnson City — Oakdale Commons is a major indoor shopping destination for the Greater Binghamton area
- 4 Vestal — home to Binghamton University which draws visitors to the town through its entertainment and sporting events
- 5 Windsor — a small town on the outskirts of Binghamton
The county's western portion is hilly, with wide valleys that accommodate Binghamton and its suburbs. In the northern portion, Interstate 81 traverses a wide glacial valley. The eastern part of the county is much more rugged, as the land rises to the Catskill Mountains. The terrain generally slopes to the west.
Binghamton Airport has flights from New York LaGuardia, and from Orlando, Florida. There are many intercity bus services to Binghamton.
Downtown Binghamton is notable for its architecture and is the site of the Court Street Historic District. This district has 89 historic buildings from the beginning of the 20th century.
Binghamton offers several museums, performing arts venues, sporting events, and 6 historic carousels.
The Spiedie Festival and Balloon Rally is held in Binghamton the first weekend in August. It brings together about 100,000 people to celebrate local culture, launch a hot air balloon rally, and serve up lots of spiedies (marinated chunks of meat grilled over charcoal on metal skewers).
- Broome-Tioga Sports Complex, 50 Shaffer Road, Richford, ☏ . Large motocross complex in Richford. It is a stop on the Northest Classic.