Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brunnen belongs to the municipality of Ingenbohl and when looking up addresses, they will generally name Ingenbohl.
- 1 Brunnen Tourism, Bahnhofstrasse 15, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Generally M-F 09:30-12:00, 13:30-17:00, longer opening hours during peak season..
Brunnen is small enough to explore on foot.
- The Lake
- Paragliding, ☏ . Run by "Touch And Go", Parkstrasse 4. Flightside Urmiberg, reachable by cable car (cable car closed on Monday). Tandem flight Fr. 170.
- Experience Hell's Hole (Hölloch). The longest cave in Europe (170 km). Can only be explored guided. W-Su (10:00, 13:00, 15:30). Tickets: Adults Fr. 15, Groups (from 10 person) Fr. 13/person, Children up to 15y Fr. 10. It's necessary to have warm clothes and good shoes as the temperature of the cave is at a constant 6°C during both summer or winter.
- Hiking, ☏ . There are several paths, ranging from 1.5 to 6 hours. Consult Brunnen Tourismus, Bahnhofstrasse 15 for more information.
- Kayak-ing, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Run by "Adventure Point". Price/day: Adult (2-3 people) Fr. 80, Teenager (up to 17y, 3-4 people) Fr. 70, Families (children up to 14, 4 people or more) Fr. 100. Direction: From station Brunnen, take a bus to bus stop 'Schwyzerhus'.
- Winter sport: Ski, snowshoe walking, ice skating
- 1 Victorinox brand store and museum, Bahnhofstrasse 3, ☏ . M-F 10:00-18:30, Sa-Su 10:00-17:00, closed on Sundays during winter.. This museum showcases the history of the Swiss army knife and the Victorinox company. IT also serves as a regional visitor centre and has exhibits on the region of Schwyz. It is possible to assemble your own Swiss army knife, but to do so you have to pay Fr. 30 and register by phone beforehand.
- Easy-Pub Run by an inventive barkeeper called Wisi. Billiard, tabletop soccer, dart. Gersauerstrasse 25, near City Hotel.
Two campsites are on the western side of the Muota river, near the Urmiberg cable-car.
- Hopfreben, ☏ . Open from April to September.
- Urmiberg, Gersauerstrasse. 75, fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open from April to October.
- Bed & Breakfast Boehringer (Family Sigrid & Jörg Boehringer), Sportplatzweg 28, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Rates: Fr. 45/person/night incl. bed linen.
- Bed & Breakfast Girsberger (Mrs. Monika Girsberger-Burri), Viktoriastrasse 8, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Rates: Fr. 75/room (double), Fr. 50/room (single). For 7 nights, excl. taxes Fr. 390.
- 1 Seehotel Waldstaetterhof, Waldstätterquai 6, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Beautiful and very quiet, located on the Lucerne lake shore only 0.8 km from the railway station Brunnen. Fantastic view over the Alps. Single room from Fr. 210 Double room from Fr. 260.
- 2 Rütli (The fastest way in is by boat from Brunnen direction Flüelen (10 minutes). It is also possible to take the boat from Lucerne). The Rütli meadow has a special place in the Swiss tradition, as it is here were the legendary Rütlischwur oath is said to have taken place. On national day, there are celebrations with speeches hold here.