Jump to navigation Jump to search
1 is located at the north edge of the district.
The Matonge stop is a little bit south east of the metro station.
- 1 Chéri Samba Porte de Namur, porte de l'amour, Chaussée d'Ixelles. Mural representing the African community
- 1 Styx, Gewijde Boomstraat 72 ( ). Run by the cooperative nouveau cinema. Screens interesting films in their original version with French and Dutch subtitles.
- 2 Vendôme, Waversesteenweg 18 ( ), ☏ . Another arthouse cinema. It's near the Porte de Namur (Naamsepoort) and acts as the metaphysical gateway to a lively African neighbourhood known locally as Matongé.
- 3 UGC Toison d'Or, Guldenvlieslaan 8 ( ), ☏ . Smaller UGC cinema playing the big blockbuster movies.
- 1 Les Brassins, Rue Keyenveld-Keienveldstraat 36, Ixelles-Elsene, ☏ . Its crowd is mostly made out of young couples or students. Rich choice of beer, with more than 50 varieties on the menu, and good quality of food. In summer they have a few tables outside on a beautiful pedestrianized street.
- 2 L'Ultime Atome, Rue Saint-Boniface—Sint-Bonifaasstraat 14, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Increasingly chic, but still just about affordable brasserie, serving tasty food and drink from breakfast till late.
- 3 Mano a Mano, Rue Saint-Boniface—Sint-Bonifaasstraat 8, ☏ , email@example.com. Italian restaurant. Good food, not too expensive.
- 4 L'Amour Fou, Chaussée d'Ixelles—Elsensesteenweg 185, ☏ . American diner-style bar and restaurant close to Place Fernand Cocq-Fernand Cocqplein. Advertises itself for its burgers and cocktails.
Some non-vegetarian restaurants that are particularly vegetarian-friendly:
- 5 El Turco, Place de Londres-Londenplein 6, ☏ . M-F 11:30-15:00 and Tu-F 19:00-22:30. Turkish-inspired buffet restaurant. Offers meats and fish, but the cold buffet is entirely vegetarian. €25 for all, excluding drinks.
- 1 Crystal Lounge, Avenue de la Toison d'Or - Gulden-Vlieslaan 40. This prestige location, nestling in the heart of the Louise district in Brussels, offers a new style of Lounge Bar – Restaurant entirely dedicated to the well-being of its guests. The service, the musical atmosphere and the lighting, everything has been carefully thought out to offer a unique experience depending on the time of day: if the client chooses a table at midday, he will discover a totally different Crystal Lounge from the one he would find sitting at the bar in the evening, or in a salon in the middle of the afternoon.
- 1 Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, Avenue de la Toison d'Or-Guldenvlieslaan 40 (Metro: Louise-Louiza), ☏ , H1071@sofitel.com. Fully refurbished in 2008 and in the Avenue Louise-Louizalaan area. Parking nearby. Eurostar station 5 minutes away. From €129.