The tourism and expat district is the two-block by twelve-block area between the beach and National Highway 200 (MEX-200). The highway is also shown on maps and in street addresses as Blvd. Rivera Nayarit and as Av. Heroes de Nacozari.
A meandering city street in an arroyo that acts as a drain for rainwater bisects the town into the eastern “Zona Dorada” with the beach lined mostly with hotels and condos and the western “El Centro” with mostly restaurants lining the beach. The two zones are joined across the arroyo by the “Puente del Beso” foot bridge. A central park, a statue of an oyster diver and an extensive artesian market are near the footbridge in El Centro.
The real estate company Elements Realty Group publishes a tourism and business map that is available at its office (Av. Mexico two blocks west of the park) and Jody Tours across the street.
You can get to Bucerias from the airport by purchasing a taxi voucher near each exit.
Surrounding areas such as Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and Sayulita will also offer taxi service to Bucerias. Make sure you negotiate a price before you leave.
At the airport, cross over he elevated walkway and take any bus or van with “Bucerias” on the window. Busses marked La Crus, Punta Mita or Sayulita will pass through Bucerias.
From surrounding areas, you can take any bus with Bucerias painted on the front window. From Puerto Vallarta Centro, you must take a bus with Wal-Mart on it, then take another bus with Bucerias painted on it, which costs M$12. When you pass the Mega department store (on the right-hand side), you will soon need to start watching for your stop, and move toward the bus exit.
The main road between Puerto Vallarta and Tepic links most sounding areas and crosses Bucerias.
- 1 Splurge Art Gallery, Lazaro Cardenas 62b (corner Lazaro Cardenas and Galeana), ☏ . 10:00-18:00. Features international artwork from established international artists, emerging local artists and showcases designer Pewter. Participates in the Thursday evening art walks.
- 1 My Mexican Kitchen Cooking School, Av. Lazaro Cardenas #11 (80 yards south of Puente de Besos), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 6:00pm-9:00pm, closed Sundays. Hands-on cooking classes in small groups. Reservations and deposits required. US65-US$85/lesson, for two people=US$110-US$150/lesson (Updated Nov. 2018).
- 2 TUNA Plastic Arts — Art Classes (Clases de dibujo, pinturas y encultura), Francisco I Madero 30. Las Palmas. Bucerias, Nay., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. drawing, painting (various media) and sculpture. Beginners through advanced. MX$300/lesson or MX$2,000/month (Updated Nov. 2018).
- 1 Chedraui Market (southeast end of tourism district at Calle Las Palmas and MEX-200 highway (southeast side).). Supermarket and general merchandise center. The larger Mega and Comer supermarket/general merchandise stores are one mile (1.4 km) further southeast on MEX-200. (Updated Nov. 2018)
- 2 CMQ Hospital, No. 280 (corner of MX-200 (south side) and Calle Javier Mina), ☏ (for both front desk and ambulances). 24 hours. Hospital with ambulance service and emergency room. Associated medical tower with specialists’ offices across street. (Updated Nov. 2018).
- 3 Veterinary & pet supplies (Veterinaria Terralta), Plaza La Amores, Terralta. Local #23, ☏ . M-F 9:00am- 3:00pm, Sat 9:00am-1:00pm. consultations, surgery, vaccinations, certifications, etc. (Updated Nov. 2018).
- 4 Post Office (Correos de Mexico) (South side of MEX-200 about a block west of arroyo. White door set back from sidewalk). Fed Ex, DHL and other courier services directly across the highway. (Updated Dec. 2018).
- 5 Internet (Ciber Internet), Calle Matamoros #3, Colonia La Unidad. (North of the highway, 30 yards east of the overhead walkway & 40 yards north on Calle Matamoros, north side.). 9:00 am - 10:00pm daily. computers, Internet, copies (Updated Nov. 2018).
- Banks. There are several banks along MX-200 Highway in tourism center. Major banks include HSBC & Santander across MX-200 from CMQ Hospital and BBVA Bancomer across MX-200 from Chedraui Market. Scotiabank is at Mega Center one mile (1.4 km) south (north side). (Updated Nov. 2018).
- Casa Rainbow, Calle Francisco Madero #84, ☏ . Gorgeous three story villa designed in traditional Mexican style. Downstairs studio rentable separately or together with the rest of the house. Sleeps 8 in all.
- Fairmont Rancho Banderas, Carretera A Punta De Mita Km 8 Bahia De Banderas, ☏ . On Playa Destiladeras which is renowned for its soft white sand and clear waters. USD120.
- La Posada de Bucerias, Calle Francisco Madero #59, ☏ . Boutique hotel featuring a stylish and warm atmosphere in a peaceful and relaxing tropical atmosphere.