In 1853, Buldhana district was ruled by the British East India Company. Berar was then divided into East Berar and West Berar. Buldhana district was part of West Berar. In 1903, the Nizam of Hyderabad handed over Berar to the British Government of India. In 1867, Buldhana district was created when North Berar and Mehkar districts were merged. When Berar merged with the Central Provinces, the district became the District of Central Provinces and Berar. The Khamgaon and Jalgaon tehsils were later combining with the Buldhana district.
In 1950, Buldhana became a part of the state of Madhya Pradesh and had Nagpur as the capital. In 1956, when the Marathi speaking areas of Vidarbha regions and Bombay state merged to form the State of Maharashtra, then Buldhana also became a part of this state.
The nearest railhead is at Malkapur (45 km).
From Mumbai you can also travel to Lonar by road via Aurangabad and Jalan (600 km total).
- Sunset Point, on ghats of Buldhana - Malkapur highway
- Sangam Lake
- Gavdevi Temple
- Sailani Baba Dargah, Sailani Baba darga which is one of the famous place near Buldana
- Bharat Vidyalaya
- The Love Trust (orphanage) for Indian children in need
- Rajur Ghat
- Botha Forest, huge botha forest at Buldana-Khamgaon Road
- Jaicha Deo Jalicha Deo, a important religious place of Mahanubhav sect.
- Source of River Paingaga.
- 'Mardadi Devi' temple near village Dudha on Buldana Dhad road.
- 1 Gajanan maharaj temple (Gajan maharaj mandir), Shree Gajanan Maharaj sansthan, Shegaon (near central railway station district), ☏ , , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Gajanan Maharaj Temple were built to honour Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj, a late 19th– and early 20th-century Indian holy man known to many people in Maharashtra, India. His birthdate is unknown; he lived most of his life at Shegaon. Free.
- 2 Girda. Girda sun rise time varies 20 minutes from IST. 'Kali Bhint/Black Wall', a geographical structure. 'Sita nhani' a place where Pandavas hid during adnyatvas. A place and temple. Beautiful natural scene and waterfall Free.
- 3 Shree Balaji Temple (Balaji mandir), Malkapur road, Buldhana. Shree Balaji Temple at Buldhana, stands as an exact replica of the Shree Balaji temple at Tirupati.
- 4 Sindhkhed Raja village (Sindhkhed raja), Tal. Sindhkhed Raja . Dist. Buldana. Check out time noon. There are several monuments in this small township, which owe their existence to Rajmata Jijabai and her father Lakhuji Jadhav. These monuments like Kalkat, Rang Mahal, Tomb of Lakhuji Jadhav, Place of Lakhuji Jadhav, ancient temple of Neekjantheshwar and Rameshwar have great heritage and architectural value.
- 5 Lonar lake (Lonar sarovar), On the outskirts of Loanar town in Buldhana District,. The lake was first mentioned in ancient scriptures such as the Skanda Purana, the Padma Puran and the Aaina-i-Akbari. The first European to visit the lake was British officer, J.E. Alexander in 1823. Buldhana district in Maharashtra, where the lake is located, was once part of Ashoka's empire and then of Satavahana's. The Chalukyas and Rashtrakutas also ruled this area. During the period of the Mughals, Yadavas, Nizam and the British, trade prospered in this area. Several temples found on the periphery of the Lake are known as Yadava temples and also as Hemadpanti temples (named after Hemadri Ramgaya). This depression was formed many many years ago. Some 50,000 years ago, there was a huge meteor, which fell on the earth from space. The impact of the fall was so tremendously huge that a huge bowl shaped crater was carved in the earth. This was 7 km in circumference and 1.8 km in diameter. This is supposed to be the largest and oldest meteoric crater in the entire world. The nearest rival here is the Canyon Diabolo of Arizona in the United States. You can also see peafowls that have made the crater their home. You will also find lots of migratory birds. Free.
- 6 Nandura Hanuman statue, NH 6, Markapur Road, Nandura. This is famous for the temple of Lord Hanuman. The Temple is supposed to be having world’s biggest Hanuman idol. It is around 105 ft (30m) tall. Free.
- ARD CineMall, Deshlahra layout, Malkapur Road, ☏ . 11AM-noon. ARD CineMall is a first multiplex in Below 1 Lac population town in India. The multiplex is UFO digital projection technology which first in Buldhana, with total Dolby digital surround sound systems. ₹80-110.
- ARD MART, Super market, Malkapur Road , Buldhana. (Autorickshaws are available.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10:30AM-8PM. Ample parking space.
- Quality house, Super market, Bhagavan Mahavir Marg, Buldhana. (Autorickshaws are available.), ☏ , . 10:30 AM-8PM. It is one of the good grocery shops in Buldhana.
- shegaon kachori.
There are many private guest houses.
- Government Guest House, Chaitanyawadi.
- Heera Guest House, New DP Road, Siddhartha Nagar, Chikhli. Internet access, laundry facilities, parking, 24-hour front desk, secretarial services, room service, 24-hour power supply ₹444.
- Civil Hospital (sarakari dawakhana), District TB Centre Buldhana, Civil Hospital Compound, ☏ , . 24 hr. Free emergency medical service with quality care. Free check up.(nominal fee if required).