The Bundang Line subway connects Bundang to central Seoul. New Bunndang Line connects Gangnam to Bundang. It is faster than the old one, but more expensive.
Additionally, many buses run between Bundang to Seoul. You can take express or gwangyeok (광역) buses for Bundang at Seoul Exchange Center, taking Seoul Ring Expressway.
- Seongnam Bus Terminal, 16 Seongnamdae-ro 925 been-gil (Directly connected to Yatap Station). In Seoul, you don't need to take intercity buses to get to Bundang. If you are in other cities such as Incheon, you may take intercity buses.
The Airport Limousine can be found near Seohyeon and Ori Stations. Here you can get a ride to Incheon Airport for about ₩12,000.
The Bundang Subway Line stops in all the major areas of Bundang, and is very convenient.
Many buses run between all the different areas of Bundang. Buses are the best way to get back and forth between Bundang and Seoul, even during rush hour (8PM) a bus can get from Bundang to Insadong in 40 minutes. This trip will cost about ₩1,700.
Taxis can be used, but they are not as ubiquitous as in Seoul. During rush hour it is near impossible to find a free taxi. At night, however, there should be no problem. Ask about your destination before you get in, as some taxis will only take you to certain areas (for example, some taxis are only for trips to Seoul, and cannot take you around Bundang) Most local taxis will not run the meter to Seoul and will ask for ₩30-40,000 for the trip.
- Central Park (중앙공원) (near Seohyeon Station and Sunae Station). A beautiful place to stroll around. You can see an old Korean house as well, the last remaining house from the traditional village that existed in Bundang during the Joseon era.
- Yuldong Park (율동공원) (near Seohyeon station). You can do bungee jumping here.
- Seongnam Art Center (성남아트센터), 808 Seongnamdae-ro (near Imae station), ☏ . Musicals and pop music concerts as well as classic music concerts are performed in the opera house. They sometimes exhibit art works created by local artists.
- Tancheon Stadium (탄천종합운동장), 215 Tancheon-ro (near Yatap station), ☏ . Seongnam City has its own local football team, Seongnam FC. It won the league seven times, and has enthusiastic fans. At this stadium, you can see the team's play.
- Tancheon. The small river that runs through Bundang, has excellent walking and cycling paths along both banks. Additionally, there are basketball courts and grassy fields up and down the river, as well as a small golf course near Sunae station.
- Bungee jumping. Bungee jumping is available at Yuldong Park. Prices are around ₩25,000..
Bundang is a place for shoppers. You can visit department stores run by Korean retail giants.
- Hyundai Department Store, 20, Pangyoyeok-ro 146beon-gil (near Pangyo Station), ☏ . You can shop from luxuries to fast fashion brands. It has a very large place for restaurants and cafes in the basement.
- AK Plaza, 42, Hwangsaeul-ro 360beon-gil (near Seohyeon Station). It's a central place in Seohyeon. It is directly connected to the subway station, and you can see many people waiting for someone in the lobby.
- Lotte Department Store (near Sunae Station).
- NC Department Store (near Yatap Station).
Discount Department stores
- Homeplus Yatap, 16, Seongnam-daero 925beon-gil (near Yatap Station), ☏ . 10:00-24:00.
- Kim's Club Yatap, 11, Yatap-ro 81beon-gil (near Yatap Station), ☏ . 9:00-24:00.
- Kim's Club Bundang, 20, Migeumil-ro 154beon-gil, ☏ . 10:30-23:00, closed Sundays.
- Lotte Mart Seohyeon, 28, Hwangsaeul-ro 311beon-gil (near Seohyeon Station), ☏ . 10:00-23:00.
- Hanaro Mart Seongnam, 11, Seongnam-daero 43beon-gil (near Ori Station), ☏ . 09:00-23:00.
Bundang is known for its variety of restaurants. The streets west of Jeongja Station are home to a large selection of dining establishments.
- Jeongja Cafe Streets (정자동 카페 거리) (west of Jeongja Station).
A wide variety of drinking establishments can be found around every subway station. Seohyeon and Jeongja stations are good places to start, with the majority of "Western Bars" being at Seohyeon station in the shopping corridors directly outside of AK Plaza(Samsung Plaza)'s two main entrances. Popular western bars in this location include: Amuse, Monkey Beach, Dublin, Lose Control, and Traveler's Bar & Grill.
- [dead link] Gallery Cafe N52, 95, Saemaeul-ro, Bundang-gu,. Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11am-8pm. Gallery cafe located at Seohyun-dong. Speciality coffee and dessert with free art exhibition. \.
- Hotel Mate Bundang, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. With floor-to-ceiling windows and free Wi-Fi. It also offers an indoor swimming pool.
Like the rest of Korea, the Bundang area is very safe. As long as you use common sense, there should be no problems.
- Everland is not too far away, and can be reached by several different buses in the area.