Burlington does not have an airport with commercial service. You must fly into one of these airports and drive or take a bus to Burlington:
- Bellingham International Airport: closest airport with commercial service to Burlington but has limited connections. Get to Burlington by going south from the airport on I-5.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport: South of Seattle, this is the closest main airport. To get to Burlington from the airport, go north on I-5 for about 80 miles to Burlington.
- Vancouver International Airport: Although it lies across the international border, the airport really isn't that far and can be useful in some occasions.
Burlington lies at the intersection of WA-20 and Interstate 5 (I-5).
- From Seattle, take I-5 north about 65 miles (a little more than an hour without traffic) to Burlington.
- From Vancouver take BC-99 and I-5 south for about 80 miles to Burlington.
- From Eastern Washington: in summer you can take SR-20 (the North Cascades Hwy) across from the Methow Valley area, in winter WA-20 is closed and you must take US-2 or I-90 to the Puget sound area and then drive north to Burlington.
Amtrak Cascades offers service to the Mount Vernon station, which is next to Burlington, to Vancouver and Seattle.
- Skagit Transit, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Operates bus service within Skagit County including within and between Anacortes, Burlington, La Conner, Mount Vernon, and Sedro-Woolley. The buses do not run at night. Also offers connecting service from other counties, including route 80X traveling south from Bellingham and route 90X traveling north from Everett. Routes 80X and 90X stop in Burlington and Mount Vernon.
- 1 Skagit Valley Children's Museum, 432 Fashion Way (at the south end of the Cascade Mall, close to Sears), ☏ . Tu–F 10AM–7PM; Sa 10AM–6PM; Su 11AM–6PM. A fun diversion for children.
Burlington has been overrun by sprawl-type restaurant chains. But there are still a few quality places to eat.
- 1 El Gitano Mexican Restaurant, 624 E. Fairhaven Ave, ☏ . The original location of the local family-run Mexican restaurant chain. They feature fresh ingredients and attention to authenticity from family recipes.
- 2 Taqueria Los Jarritos, 590 S Burlington Blvd, ☏ . Tacos Guaymas is a locals' favorite featuring a variety of Mexican restaurant plates, and taqueria dishes. The burritos are delicious and huge.
- 3 Sakura Japanese Steak House, 1830 S Burlington Blvd, ☏ . Japanese steakhouse where the chefs prepare your dish on a hot grill right in front of you. Also features a sushi bar, and many other Japanese food selections.
|Routes through Burlington|
|Vancouver ← Bellingham ←||N S||→ Mount Vernon → Seattle|
|Port Townsend ← Anacortes ←||W E||→ Sedro-Woolley → North Cascades N.P.|