Bushehr was the main trade center of Iran in the past centuries. The city structures are traditional in style, modest in proportion and cost. Due to its lack of rail connection to the interior of the country and its shallow anchorage, it has lost its position as the primary port of Iran.
- A railroad has just been started from Shiraz. It will be finished in a few years.
- There is a good highway to Shiraz.
Apart from enterprising fishermen, there are no domestic boat services from Bushehr. However, the Valfajre-8 shipping company operates (in theory, though not always in practice) to Qatar (one way US$50, Mondays), Bahrain (US$45, seven to eight hours, Mondays) and Kuwait (US$70, seven to eight hours, Wednesdays).
Getting around this place is a little bit fun. It's fun because most of the times you will enjoy Bushehr by foot.
- The Old city
- Ruins of British Consulate
- Do speed boat riding, You can find speedboats anywhere along the coast and a 10 minutes ride will cost 30,000 rials.
- Persian Gulf University
- Bushehr University of Medical Sciences
- Islamic Azad University of Bushehr
- Iran Nuclear Energy College
- 1 Ghavam Restaurant, Khalije Fars Street. Persian restaurant incorporating seafood like fish and shrimp to kebabs to little fritters. Get your fill of Persian Gulf breezes and views while you're here.
- 1 Soroush Apartment Hotel (هتل اپارتمان سروش), corner of Yashoor and Yadeghar-e-Emam, ☏ . People are welcome to sit on the upholstered furniture scattered about the main floor.
- 2 Plus Hotel (هتل پلاس), on Nawab-e-Sawafi, ☏ . Here some of the rooms have 3 beds for some reason, and there are little rugs scattered about. Restaurant on premises.
- 3 Delvar Hotel (هتل جهانگردی دلوار بوشهر), on Varzesh. This one is all lit up with blue lights at night showing off its pyramidal shape. Breakfast buffet may offer an array of options if it hasn't been raided already.
- 4 Khane Moallem Hotel, corner of Varzesh and Shahid Shahriyari, ☏ . Here they can stash you in away in the room behind their restaurant.