Bussum is a small town south east of Amsterdam. Approximately 30,000 people live in Bussum.
Bussum is easily reached by train: Naarden-Bussum station is 21 minutes from Amsterdam Central, and 23 minutes from Utrecht via Hilversum. The centre of town is about 5–10 minutes walk from the station.
You can cycle from the centre of Amsterdam to the centre of Bussum, at an easy pace, in less than 2 hours. Most of the route has separate cycle lanes.
Bussum is easily reached by car. The A1 passes all around the town.
Use a bike or walk. A car will do fine too.
The neighbourhood called "Spiegel" is beautiful. Furthermore there are some parks that are worthwhile. Have a walk on the meadows.
Naarden, a directly neighbouring city, is one of the best kept fortress cities in Europe. The walls can be cycled on by bike.
One of the best ways to see the country side around Bussum is by bike. A bike tour through 't Gooi is recommended.
- Filmhuis, 't Elcker Theater. This is a cinema that shows only cultural movies.
- Spant - a large theatre that also serves as a congress centre.
- Smugglers - a club and to get in you need to be a member or you need to be introduced. You could give it a try though since it is the only place to really dance.
- See a sports game. There are plenty of sportsclubs that often have good games during the weekend.
- RockSteady, Zanderijweg 12-14, ☏ (climbing), (skiing). M Tu, Th F 16:00-22:30, W 13:30-22:30, Sa 11:00-18:00, Su 11:00-22:30. It is in the forested area between Bussum and Hilversum. You're at the right place here for extreme sports. Wall climbing, bouldering (climbing without a rope), indoor skiing and mountain biking can all be done. It's accessible for beginners and experts. €15 for 30 mins.
- Las Brassas, Brinklaan 62. Serves decent Belgian, Dutch and French cuisine at reasonable prices.
- El Verano, Herenstraat 8-10, ☏ . Serves a decent meal for a reasonable price.
- Archibald Schimmelpenninck, Brinklaan 25 (crossing Generaal de la Reylaan and Brinklaan), ☏ . A grand cafe with a really nice atmosphere.
Most pubs are around the train station.
- Cafe de Jaargang Stationsweg 6, +31 35 - 6933483. Near train station.
- Cafe de Peuk, Stationsweg 8, +31 35 - 6945666. Popular cafe, near the train station
- De Boemel, Herenstraat 45, +31 35 - 6937543. Popular bar south of the centre.
- De Kraan Popular bar south of the centre.
- Inn The Mood Popular with non-youth. In the city centre.
- Murphy's Adventure Pub Generaal de la Reijlaan 49, +31 35 - 6921415. Irish pub
- Cafe 't Raedthuys, Landstraat 78 (Eastside of Centre, next to Townhall), ☏ .
- Jan Tabak, Amersfoortsestraatweg 27. Luxurious dinner restaurant and a hotel.
- Bastion Hotel Bussum, Struikheiweg 3 (next to Station Bussum-Zuid), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00.
|Routes through Bussum|
|Amsterdam ← Naarden ←||W E||→ Blaricum → Enschede|