The resort of Cala Ratjada is the principal port and coastal development of the municipal district of Capdepera, and is built on a small rocky peninsula on the extreme north east corner of the island, around 65 km from the capital Palma.
Palma's city airport (PMI IATA) is the major airport in Mallorca, and has daily flights from many European cities on national and budget carriers. The airport is managed by Aeropuetos Españoles y Navegación Aérea.
PMI is only 9 kilometres from the center of Palma. The city's route 1 bus service runs between the city center and the airport every fifteen minutes between 6AM and 1AM, and the fare is €1,80.
TIB runs train services between Mallorcan towns.
Travellers can only drive to Cala Ratjada from other cities in Mallorca; there are no bridges or any road links to other islands or to the mainland. Most cities and towns in Mallorca have road links directly to Palma.
TIB  runs bus services between Mallorcan towns.
Any number of cruise ships berth at Palma, and there are also a number of ferry services to other Balearic Islands and to the Iberian peninsula:
- Baleària  (ph: 966 42 87 00) runs ferries from Denia, Valencia, and Ibiza.
- Trasmediterranea  (ph: 902 45 46 45) runs ferries from Barcelona, Valencia, Ibiza and Mahon.
- Iscomar Ferries  [dead link] (ph: 902 11 91 28 or 971 43 75 00 for international callers) runs ferries from Barcelona, Valencia, Ibiza and Denia.
Buses are the only form of shared public transport in Cala Ratjada.
- Historic Center
- The Casa March a.k.a. Se Torre Cega is an imposing mansion on a hill above Cala Ratjada. It is surrounded by a wonderful park and sculpture garden. Address: c/ Juan March, 2. Guided tours are available; sign up at the Cala Ratjada Tourism Office, Avenida l´Agulla, 50, Tel:+34 971819467.
- Two small busy beaches in the town: Son Moll and Cala Gat. Larger beaches up the coast to the north: Cala Guya, Cala Agulla and Cala Mesquida.
The Mallorca high season is between July and September. Book especially early during any holiday weeks or weekends in the United Kingdom or Germany, as Mallorca and Palma in particular are popular holiday spots for people from these countries.
- Protur Turó Pins Aparthotel, Ses Savines Esq. Cala Lliteras 07590, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. All inclusive aparthotel situated a short distance from the beach. Hotel indicated for families with children €60.
- Hotel Bella Playa, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 125 Avenida Cala Agulla; 07597 Cala Ratjada; Mallorca., . Reviews describe this hotel as delightful: it is located a few metres from the beach at Calla Agulla. The rooms have Air Conditioning, Central Heating, Mini Bar, Digital Satellite Radio, and Satellite TV. Double rooms from €30 per night.