Driving is the primary way of getting to Calabasas. The city sits along the Ventura Freeway (US 101) between the San Fernando Valley to the east and the Conejo Valley of Ventura County to the west, 30 miles northwest of Downtown Los Angeles, 20 miles west of Burbank, and about 40 miles east of Ventura.
- Leonis Adobe Museum, 23537 Calabasas Rd, ☏ . Museum: F and Su 1-4PM, Sa 10AM-4PM, closed M-Th; Calabasas Creek Park: W-Su 10AM-4PM, closed M-Tu. A living history museum preserving one of the oldest structures in the greater Los Angeles area, the Leonis Adobe, a Victorian-style ranch house with portions dating back to 1844, now restored and furnished alongside a ranch with petting animals and antique barns and equipment to illustrate California ranch life in the 1880s. Attached to the museum is Calabasas Creek Park, an excellent spot for picnics that is landscaped to resemble an 1880s-period garden with some historical exhibits such as an old jail and a recreated Native American village. Admission by donation.
- The Commons at Calabasas, 4799 Commons Way, ☏ . An outdoor shopping mall with colorful (albeit rather tacky) Mediterranean architecture and fountains, anchored by a Ralphs supermarket, a Barnes & Noble, and a movie theater, with a few upscale shops.
- Banzai Sushi, 23508 Calabasas Rd, ☏ . An excellent Japanese restaurant, serving sushi, Sashimi, and Teriyaki dishes.
- King's Fish House, 4798 Commons Way, ☏ . Nice seafood restaurant located in the Calabasas Commons mall. Can be crowded, so reservations are highly recommended.
- Anza Hotel, 23627 Calabasas Rd, ☏ . Nice and clean hotel next to the Ventura Freeway. Make sure you get a room facing Calabasas Road.
- Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas, 24150 Park Sorrento, ☏ .
- The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area lies directly to the south, an easy drive up into the hills.
- Malibu, the famous beach community on the Pacific Ocean, sits opposite the Santa Monica Mountains to the south.
- The famed attractions of Los Angeles are a short drive east.
|Routes through Calabasas|
|Santa Barbara ← Agoura Hills ←||N S||→ South Valley → Downtown L.A.|
|Chatsworth ← South Valley ←||N S||→ Topanga → Malibu|