Calangute is well connected to other parts of Goa by road, and the roads are in fairly good condition.
Frequent state buses go to and from other parts of Goa, but if you're traveling a longer distance, you need to change buses (for example, from the airport you should need three buses to get to Calangute). A bus from Panaji costs ₹10-15 depending on the route the bus takes.
Prepaid taxi from the outside counter on the airport costs ₹900, while discussing the price directly with the driver should result into cheaper price.
Calangute is a quite small area, and you can easily walk your way through it. Two-wheelers and cars are naturally available for hire, and getting a taxi or an auto rickshaw is easy.
- Art Chamber, Castelo Vermelho ,115a, Holidaystreet, Gauravaddo, ☏ .
- Relax at the beach. The beach reaches from Candolim to Baga. Known also as the Queen of Beaches, although is rather crowded nowadays. Unfortunately it has also been reported to be a place where women risk to be harassed. The sand is quite full of beds for sunbathing. These are free at least if you buy something from the beach shack, but expect a lot of salesmen. Beggars are not common.
- If you go from the center of the town to the beach, you will find a massive amount of water sports operators; they are cheap and fun but their safety is very doubtful due to the large number of jetskis operating in the breaking waves. At this part of the beach there are no beach shacks.
- Hire a bike or scooty for about ₹150-₹200 per day and roam around other nearby beaches like Baga, Candolim, Anjuna. You can also ride straight up to Aguada Fort. Make sure to fill your vehicle's tank before you start off the journey. Fuels are sold by many roadside shops at about ₹90 per liter.
The coastline is nearly full of beach shacks that offer food as well. For better cuisine you can choose from numerous (tourist) restaurants that are found from the main roads. Food is somewhat expensive by Indian standards, but cheap by Western ones - an Indian curry with rice is around ₹160 in most places and should be enough to feed most.
- After Seven, ☏ . On the border of Candolim-Calangute. Started by Leo, who speaks 4 languages and has travelled the world with the reputed Taj Group of Hotels, this restaurant has been around for 9 years. The restaurant was formerly known as After Eight Restaurant, till Nestle decided that the restaurant was so good that it would prove competition to their mints, asked Leo to change the name, which he did in 2005.
- Bella Ciao - The Italian Restaurant at La Calypso Hotels, Saunta Vaddo, Calangute-Baga road - Phone: 0832 2275821 Italian
- Bob's Inn - on the main road from Calangute to Candolim.
- Casa Andre's
- Electric Cats - An wonderful place for authentic seafood & cocktails.
- Mirabai Goan Village, ☏ . Off Baga Road. - The best! Authentic Goan food, excellent sea food, charming knowledgeable owner.
- Mooncrest on the Waves
- Oriental, ☏ . A family run Thai-European Restaurant. Expect authentic Royal Thai and selected European Cuisine – specialized in tenderloin fillet steaks - better "Little Chateaubriands" -. Location: Calangute Holiday Street, behind Kerkar Art Complex, befor Little Italy.(Former Roma)
- Souza Lobo - Its on the beach, you won't miss it. King Fish and Seafood are excellent.
- Temptation Shack, Calangute Beach. Friendly and welcoming shack serving excellent food with great service. Take them up on the offer of a barbecue and try the tiger prawns and calamare - amazing.
- Tibetan Kitchen - Great place for Chinese & Tibetan dishes, very authentic and good environment though you need to walk from main road for about 20 meters through a small lane.
- Xavier's Beach Cafe, Midway Between Calangute and Baga Beach (at the end of the lane which has Tito's pub), ☏ . All Day. This is one of the shacks that are present between Baga and Calangute. Outstanding behaviour and reasonable rates compared to the ambience! reasonable as per Goan standards.
Take any road going towards the beach from the main road and find a bunch of places to sleep as you approach the beach. If you choose a smaller road you're likely to find cheaper places. Taxi drivers will be happy to take you to a place run by their friends / people who pay commission, but you need be very strict with your price limit as they tend to take you to a more expensive place.
- Chalston Beach Resort, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Over 100 rooms including many that are beach facing.
- Dias Holiday Homes, The Lagoon (1.5 km from Calangute beach.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fully furnished apartments with TV, refrigerator, AC, hot water. Car parking and swimming pool available on rent (daily/monthly/yearly).
- Estrela do Mar Beach Resort.
- Gabriels Guest House Goa (gabriels guest house goa), gaura vaddo,calangute,goa (near kamat holiday homes,opposite tarcar wine shop.), ☏ . Check-in: 10:00, check-out: 10:00. gabriel guest house is a family run hotel very close to Calangute beach,located in a quiet area, with a peaceful atmosphere. 400.
- Hotel Golden Nest, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Seagull, Holiday Street, ☏ . Check-in: 09:00, check-out: 09:00. A 3-star hotel near the border of Calangute towards Candolim. It has a lively restaurant which is extremely popular and well known for many years. Live music.
- Hotel Villa Theresa, Umta Vaddo, ☏ . Check-in: 09:00, check-out: 09:00. A family run hotel situated at Umta Vaddo, close to Calangute beach, just about a 2-minute walk from the shore in a peaceful pocket of Calangute and away from the noise of the busy village.
- Lime Holidays, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Serviced apartments a 4-minute walk from Calangute beach, also a 2bhk in a 3-star resort with access to swimming pool, restaurant & bar. Fully a/c, non ac flexible check-in & check-out timings, extra mattress & kitchen facilities provided. Starting as low as ₹1000/-.
- Lotus Resort Goa, Beach Road Via Maria Hall, Vaswaddo, Benaulim, Salcete (close to Colva Beach), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11:30. ₹3,000.
- New Haven Holiday Home, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort, Gaurovaddo (Ask anyone to take you to Claangut, spot the Blue note cafe and take a left if it's in front of you, go straight, cross the church in the centre of the road and then ask. Enter holiday street and keep looking to your right for the hotel). This hotel is a few minutes' walk from the beach. It has 2 swimming pools and has two campuses. It has friendly owners, it's very clean and cozy and a restaurant.
- 1 Treebo Santiago Beach Resort, Nr. Tito's lane, Cobra Waddo, Calangute Baga Road, Bardez, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. Price Starting from 2000 INR.