Calgary a small village on the Isle of Mull. Houses are scattered around a small bay with an excellent beach.
The fort and thus the city of Calgary in Canada was named after this location.
A great drive along the B8073 from Tobermory.
Dinghies sometimes land on the beach, coming from yachts out to sea.
The village is small enough to get around on foot.
- 1 Calgary House (Calgary Castle). (not open to the public). 19th-century castellated Gothic mansion. Colonel James Macleod (Commissioner of the North-West Mounted Police), was a guest here.
Enjoy the beach.
- Calgary Art In Nature. is a project to site items of sculpture in the Calgary Wood. Located at Calgary Farmhouse/Café@Calgary Arts (see listings below).
There is a gallery and small shop at Café@CalgaryArts where you can buy local works of art (prints, local crafts, woven products).
- 1 Café@Calgary Arts, Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QQ (Across courtyard from Calgary Farmhouse (accommodation)), ☎ . 10:00-16:45. Serves teas, coffees and light lunches.
See Eat section above.
- Wild camping. allowed not too far from the beach
- 1 Calgary Self Catering, Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QQ, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: Make prior arrangements if arriving after 18:00. What was the Calgary Farmhouse hotel.
- 2 Mornish Schoolhouse B&B, Mornish, Calgary, PA75 6QG, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.