Camarillo is a city in Ventura County, approximately 54 miles (86 km) north of Los Angeles. Camarillo would be just one of the numerous small cities along the 101 Highway, if it weren't the host to one of the biggest outlet malls in Southern California.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Camarillo is served by frequent Amtrak California and Metrolink Commuter Rail service from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley to the south and San Luis Obispo to the north. The station is located at the intersection of Lewis Road and Ventura Road at one end of Old Town. This is located near many restaurants, a wonderful Saturday morning farmer's market and approximately 1.4 miles (2.2 km) from the famous Camarillo Premium Outlets. Most visitors however arrive by car as the US 101 Freeway runs directly through the center of Camarillo. Camarillo Airport FAA LID: CMA is a big general aviation hub.
Camarillo has the CAT (Camarillo Area Transit) bus service. The fixed routes are limited, but they have a dial-a-ride service that will pick you up and take you anywhere in the city for $2. That said, a car, or bicycle, are the only practical ways to get around. Walking Camarillo's wide boulevards is nice if you want to experience the city that was rated number 2 in the world for weather, the clean air and numerous parks but you won't get very far in the spread-out city.
- Old Town. Just west of the 101 highway. It is a small and somewhat quaint street with small shops and restaurants.
- 1 Camarillo Premium Outlets, 740 E Ventura Blvd. M–Sa 10AM–9PM, Su 10AM–8PM. Off 101 near the airport. Store offering everything from designer clothing to home furnishings. The outdoor complex is an very busy on weekends and traditional holiday shopping days (open 12AM-11:59PM on "Black Friday").
- Chuy's. The Camarillo branch of this Arizona-based chain is rather popular with locals as well as car buffs who come to the weekly gathering of hotrods. The Cal-Mex influenced food and full bar keep people coming back all the time
- 1 Wok N' South, 2123 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . 11:30AM–9PM daily. This new addition is capitalizing on the growing popularity of Mongolian BBQ. Open for lunch and dinner, this place lets patrons pick from a variety of healthy cuts of meat, vegetables and excellent sauces. Dinner is all you can eat.
- 2 Soup Plantation, 375 W Ventura Blvd, ☏ . This soup and salad bar is a popular community favorite $12.
- Rolling Pin Donuts
Camarillo is generally a suburban bedroom community and what bar scene there is generally dominated by locals. Chuy's Restaurant is probably your best bet with The Clubhouse also an option. Don't even bother with the lone nightclub in Camarillo which has gone through multiple name changes and is still unpopular with anyone over 22.
- Best Western Camarillo Inn, 295 E Daily Dr, ☏ , fax: . l.a.
- 1 Courtyard Camarillo, 4994 Verdugo Way, ☏ , fax: . Minutes from Camarillo Premium Outlets & Channel Islands Harbor, plus Highway 101 hotel location provides easy access to Los Angeles, Oxnard, Ventura and Santa Barbra. Free on-site parking. $149–179.
- 2 Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura County, 165 Daily Dr., ☏ .
- 3 Hampton Inn and Suites Camarillo, 50 W. Daily Dr (Located an hour northwest of Los Angeles), ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Motel 6, 1641 East Daily Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- 5 Residence Inn Camarillo (Mariott), 2912 Petit St, ☏ . A extended-stay hotel with complimentary hot breakfast buffet served every morning. Social evening hours allow guests to socialize amongst each other.
|Routes through Camarillo|
|Santa Barbara ← Oxnard ←||N S||→ Newbury Park → Los Angeles|
|Santa Barbara ← Oxnard ←||N S||→ Simi Valley → Los Angeles|