North America > United States of America > Southwest (United States of America) > Arizona > Northern Arizona > Camp VerdeJump to navigation Jump to search
Camp Verde is a small town in Northern Arizona.
- 1 Camp Verde Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center, 385 S Main St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Montezuma Castle National Monument, 2800 N Montezuma Castle Hwy (off of I-17, 5 miles north of Camp Verde), ☏ . Daily 8AM-5PM. This park protects a set Sinagua cliff dwellings, inhabited from about 700-1400 CE. These are some of the best-preserved cliff dwellings in North America. The dwellings themselves cannot be entered, but a short interpretive trail leads to some good viewing areas. Also onsite are a small museum displaying Sinagua artifacts, and a gift shop. A separate site (included with admission ticket) protects Montezuma Well, a natural limestone sinkhole fed by two springs. $5 (adults), free (children under 16).
- 2 Fort Verde State Historic Park, 125 E Hollamon St, ☏ . Th-M 9AM-5PM. This historic fort was established in the 1880s during the Apache Wars. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places and houses a museum with historic displays. Annually in mid-October it is the site of Fort Verde Days, which feature historic reenactments and demonstrations. $5 (adults 14+), $2 (youths 7-13), free (children under 7).
- 3 Out of Africa Wildlife Park, 3505 W Hwy 260, ☏ . Daily 9:30AM-5PM. A safari-style reserve for rescued large animals, very popular with children. $30 (adults 13+), $28 (seniors), $23 (military), $15 (children under 13).
- 4 Verde Valley Archaeology Center, 385 S Main St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sep-Jul W-M 10AM-4PM, Aug Th-M 10AM-4PM. A small museum with exhibits on the pre-Columbian Sinagua culture, an introduction on archaeological research, and a display prepared by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. Free.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Territorial Town Inn, 628 S Main St, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. $50+/night.
|Routes through Camp Verde|
|END ← Flagstaff ←||N S||→ Jct N → Agua Fria N.M. → Phoenix|
|END ← Cottonwood ←||N E||→ Payson → Show Low|