Campbell Town is 45 mins from Launceston via the National Highway 1 Midland Highway, which is mostly a motorway for 30% of the trip. From Hobart, just take the National Highway 1, but north this time, and this route is not a motorway except for 5% of the route. There's no airport in Campbell Town, nor is there a train service.
- 1 Heritage Highway Museum and Visitor Information Centre, 75 High Street. M-F: 10AM-3PM(10:00-15:00). Local history museum housed in the town hall. Free - and well worth the entry!.
- 2 Valentine Park, High St. Park with toilets, kid's play facilities and monument to the 1874 transition of Venus observations.
- 3 Blackburn Park. Park with BBQ and play facilities, with a view of the Red Bridge.
- Campbell Town Agricultural Show. 2 days in early June. Oldest agricultural show in Australia, founded in 1838. $10.
- 1 Campbell Town Golf Club. 9 hole course, with rare orchids in the rough.
- 1 Ivy on Glenelg, 9 Glenelg Street. B & B with some self catering facilities, in a house built in 1838. from $145.