Originally, it was known as Winchester. Canal Winchester was founded by in 1828 by Reuben Dove and John Colmen when The Ohio and Erie Canal came through. The Bergstresser/Dietz Bridge in Canal Winchester is the only standing, wooden covered bridge in Franklin County, built in 1887 and restored in 1991, it spans the Little Walnut Creek.
Canal Winchester is 15 minutes southeast of Columbus.
US33 passes through Canal Winchester, with an exit at the intersection of US33 and SR 674.
- 1 Historic Downtown.
- 2 Bergstresser/Dietz Covered Bridge. last remaining wooden covered bridge in Franklin County
- 3 National Barber Museum and Hall of Fame, ☏ . By appointment only.
- 1 Village Park.
- The Ugly Mug Bar and Grill, 9645 Basil Western Rd, ☏ .
- 1 Best Western.
|Routes through Canal Winchester|
|Fort Wayne ← Columbus ←||W E||→ Lancaster → Weston|