Jump to navigation Jump to search
Canguaretama is a city of 35,000 people (2021) in Rio Grande do Norte.
Canguaretama has a tropical rainy climate, with rainfall concentrated in the autumn - winter months.
It is 77 km south of Natal.
- Barra de Cunhaú Beach. The city's only beach has mangroves and a center for shrimp farming.
- Capela Nossa Senhora das Candeias.
- the Cunhaú Mortuary
- the Chama do Amor Sanctuary
- the Engenho Cunhaú - which was once the most important center of the Captaincy of Rio Grande during Colonial Brazil
- festival of political emancipation, celebrated on April 16
- the Festival of the Martyrs of Cunhaú, which takes place on July 16
- the feast of the patron saint Nossa Senhora da Conceição, on December 8
- windsurfing and kitesurfing