Canindé is a city in Ceará.
The main highway BR-020 to Fortaleza is in good condition The bus station is on the outskirts of town. A taxi will take you to the centre for 7 R$.
- Princesa dos Inhamuns, tel. 85 3256 8638, has buses to and from Fortaleza every other hour, 2 hours, 11 R$.
- The Statue of São Francisco is a 25 metre tall plastic doll that overlooks the city. 20 minutes walk from the centre.
- Between September 24 and October 4 there is a religious festival with a pilgrimage only outnumbered by Juazeiro do Norte in the state of Ceará.
- Visit the zoo, which has a small but good selection of cats, monkeys and birds. Entry 0,50 R$.
- The city museum, mostly focusing on local history, is right next to the zoo. Entry 0,50 R$.
Dozens and dozens of pousadas with loads of rooms available unless some major religious event is on.
- Diplomatas. Double with air con. R$ 25.