Cannon Falls is a city in Minnesota.
Cannon Falls is located in the scenic Cannon Valley, at the junction of the Big and Little Cannon Rivers. It is also the resting place of Colonel William J. Colvill, a hero of the Battle of Gettysburg.
Cannon Falls, Minnesota is located on Highway 52 just 35 miles south of Saint Paul/Minneapolis and 40 miles north of Rochester.
Cannon Falls is 4 square miles and has the convenience of public transportation on demand, through Hiawatha Transit Bus service. Due to its small size, however, it is a very walk-able and friendly community.
- Hiawatha Transit Bus service, +1-866-623-7505, Convenient bus service available to everyone who lives in Cannon Falls. Call ahead for service.
- Cannon Falls Historical Museum, 206 West Mill Street, ☏ . The Cannon Falls Historical Museum opened in 1979 in the historic old Fireman Hall. Many interesting displays in this museum depict the past of Cannon Falls. Walk through our downtown and look for signs that tell of many, early twentieth century brick buildings that replaced the originals destroyed in a fire.
- [dead link] Amateur Baseball at Burch Park (Cannon Falls Bears), 7th Street W at MN Hwy-19 (Exit US-52 at MN-19, follow MN-19 east to 7th Street (left/north)). Stadium and ball field primarily for amateur baseball team "Cannon Falls Bears", concessions, beer, hot dogs, candy and more. Stadium also used for Cannon Falls High School (Bombers) home football games, concerts and other events. $1-2.
- Chamber of Commerce Office, 103 4th Street North, ☏ . A self-guided historic walking tour booklet with map is available through the Chamber of Commerce office.
- Cannon Falls Canoe & Bike Rental, 421 West Mill Street, ☏ . Offering canoe and kayak rentals for the Cannon River and bike rentals for the Cannon Valley Trail
- Cannon River Winery, 421 West Mill Street, ☏ . Award winning wine hand-crafted on site. Tours, tastings, events and wine-related gift items.
- Cannon Valley Trail. The Cannon Valley Trail runs through a diverse and spectacular scenery on a former Chicago Great Western Railroad line. Connecting Cannon Falls, Welch and Red Wing, the trail is for hiking, biking and cross country skiing, with no motorized vehicles allowed.
- Cannon River Falls, The Cannon River Falls are located right in downtown Cannon Falls. A nice walking trail and duck pond complete the dynamic vista.
- Frog Creek Pottery, 32336 40th ave (West 3 miles on Hwy 19 from DT Cannon Falls), ☏ . 10-5, 7 days a week. Watch the potter make pots, purchase funtional or decorative food safe pottery. Stroll the gardens, look for hidden pots. Or bring a lunch and spend a day in the country.
- Gopher Hills Golf Course, 26155 Nicolai Ave, ☏ . The area's most fun course! Rolling hills, friendly atmosphere with a fantastic clubhouse/restaurant. A great value!
- Fourth & Main Fabrics, 103 4th Street S, ☏ . Featuring fabrics, quilting supplies, yarn and more.
- Country Side Antique Mall (Cannon Falls Antique Mall), 31752 65th Avenue (Exit from US-Hwy 52 at County-24, go east to MN-20 and follow MN-20 South 2 blocks, mall is on east side of road.), ☏ . 362 days per year from 9:30AM-5:30PM on Monday through Saturday and from 11AM-5:30PM on Sunday.. 50 dealers in 14 different rooms each with it's own decor. Wide variety ranging from rare pieces to interesting collector items
- Ferndale Market, 31659 County 24 Boulevard (Exit US Hwy-52 at County-24 (east) 1 block on north side of road), ☏ . Mon-Fri 10-6, Saturday 9-5, Sunday 11-4. A sustainability-oriented specialty store focusing on locally grown and produced foods. Our mission is to help reconnect people with where there food comes from, and what better place to carry out that mission than our third generation turkey farm!
- Brewster's Bar & Grill, 115 South Fourth Street, ☏ . Featuring hamburgers to steak and nightly specials.
- Cannon Golf Club, 8606 195th Street, ☏ . Featuring hamburgers, salads and wraps. At the golf course club house.
- Country Kitchen, 31303 64th Avenue, ☏ . Path Family restaurant featuring breakfast, lunch and all-you-can eat dinner specials.
- Dudley's Pizza and Sandwich Shop, 320 West Mill Street, ☏ . Featuring pizza, sandwiches, lasagna, soups, salads. Available as eat-in, take-out or delivery.
- [dead link] McArthur's Wood Grill, 26155 Nicolai Ave, ☏ . The area's best restaurant with authentic wood-grilled entree's. Every Friday night we feature our Fish Fry (regular menu available); Saturday is Date Night with live piano music; and Sunday is our Famous $10 Brunch from 10AM-2PM. Come see why we are the best! Located on Scenic Gopher Hills Golf Course.
- Mill Street Tavern, 401 Mill Street, ☏ . Featuring lunch and dinner selections, hamburgers, appetizers and desserts.
- [dead link] The Old Market Deli, 331 Mill Street West, ☏ . Abounding in old-world charm, The Old Market Deli specializes in made-to-order deli sandwiches, soups, salads and a wide variety of baked goods & pastries. They serve wine and beer and have a charming outdoor patio.
- Sol de Mexico, 31518 64th Avenue, ☏ . Path Featuring a full menu of authentic Mexican cuisine.
- McDonalds, 31675 65th Avenue, ☏ .
- Subway, 31515 County 24 Blvd, ☏ .
- [dead link] Burly Coffee, 1108 North 5th Street, ☏ . Featuring fresh brewed coffee from beans roasted on site.
- Best Western Saratoga Inn, 31591 64th Avenue, ☏ . Forty unit hotel with indoor pool.
- Caravan Motel, 31913 64th Avenue, ☏ . Room motel.
- Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast, 615 Hoffman St W (Exit US-52 at MN-19, follow MN-19 east to 7th St (left/north) to Hoffman St (right/east) to 615 Hoffman St. W.), ☏ . Check-in: 5PM-7PM, check-out: 11AM. 5 Room Bed & Breakfast located 1 block from downtown and on the Cannon Valley Trail. All rooms have modern and private attached bathrooms, whirlpools, fireplaces, Cable/DVD, Wi-Fi, A/C $99-199.
- Vasa Guest Cottage, 15750 315th Street, Welch (Exit US-52 at MN-19-9 miles, right/south on Cty. Rd. 7 in Vasa - 1 mile, left on 315th Street. Cottage is first house/farm on right.)), ☏ . Vasa Cottage is a charming four-bedroom furnished vacation rental, available for rent by the weekend (two nights) for $300. You’ll have access to the entire home. Can accommodate eight adults. Perfect for family reunions and crafters. Contact us for extended stays.
|Routes through Cannon Falls|
|Saint Paul ← Rosemount ←||N S||→ Zumbrota → Rochester|
|Redwood Falls ← Northfield ←||W E||→ Vasa → Red Wing|