Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cape Jervis is a town in South Australia, and a gateway point to Kangaroo Island, Australia's third largest island excluding the mainland.
Sealink operate coach services from Adelaide twice daily, and to Victor Harbor once daily except Saturdays and Wednesdays. There is no other scheduled commercial transport options to Cape Jervis.
Rental car facilities are available in Victor Harbor and in Lonsdale. The harbor and wharf is around 1 km (0.62 mi) from the town.
If you were to only get around the inner areas of the town's CBD, then it's best to walk, but otherwise take the car.
- Fishery Beach Whaling Station. has some interpretive signage around the remains of an historic whaling station site, about 5km east along the coast from Cape Jervis on Fishery Beach Road.
- 1 Cape Jervis Lighthouse, Flinders Dr, ☏ +61 431 455 168. It may be just another lighthouse for some, but the architecture certainly has to be admired. Built in 1871.
- 1 Cape Jervis Tavern And General Store, Main S Rd, ☏ +61 8 8598 0276. 8AM–midnight.
- 1 Cape Jervis Holiday Units, 12 Flinders Dr, ☏ +61 8 8598 0229. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 2 BIG4 Cape Jervis Accommodation & Caravan Park, 9351 Main S Rd, ☏ +61 8 8598 0288.
Ferry to Kangaroo Island.