Carcar is an old colonial town on the coast south of Cebu City.
Carcar is the southernmost municipality administered as part of Metro Cebu. Latest population figures are about 120 thousand (census, 1 August 2015)
Carcar is 40 km (25 mi) south west of Cebu City centre along the coastal highway.
See Metro Cebu get around section for general information about transport in the urban region.
The town is small enough that walking is often practical; if you want to ride, there are tricycles.
- 1 Balay na Tisa (Sarmiento - Osmeña House). Fully restored colonial building from 1859.
- 2 Saint Catherine of Alexandria. The parish church dates back to 1860.
- 3 Mercado Mansion. Bahay-na-bato heritage house painted Mediterranean blue
- 4 Rizal Monument, Town Plaza.
- 5 Carcar City Museum (formerly, Carcar Dispensary).
- 1 Tuyom Beach.
- 2 Guadalupe Mabugnao Mainit Hot Spring National Park. Hot springs where cottages and pools have been developed. Life-size statues of saints. Caves
- 1 SM Savemore Supermarket, National Highway. 8AM-8PM.
- 2 Gaisano Grand Mall. 9AM-8PM. has a Gaisano Supermarket.
- 3 PNB Bank, J P Rizal Street (GF Aviva Building), ☏ . 24-hour. Has a Visa ATM.
- 4 Metro Bank, Gaisano Grand National Highway., ☏ . 24-hour ATM. Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- 1 Jollibee fast food, National Highway, (Gaisanao Mall). 7AM-10PM. Breakfast 7AM-11AM.
- 2 Luis original crispy chicharon (Carcar chicharon), J Rizal dt. Carcar city, ☏ , ✉ Luischicharon@gmail.com. 8AM-8PM.
- 3 Albertos Pizza, J P Rizal Street, ☏ . From ₱75.
- 1 Carcar Travelers Inn, Cebu S Road. A/C double room with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱600.
- 2 Totope Travel Lodge, Cebu S Road.
- 3 South Guest House, Cebu S Road..
- 4 RL Apartments, 444 Gen Luna Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. A/C double with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱700.
|Routes through Carcar|
|Cebu City ← San Fernando ←||N S||→ Santander|