The village is also built on a limestone peak overlooking the valley of the Vère river.
From Toulouse take the VC15 to Gaillac. From Gaillac, take the D4 or D964 to Castelnau.
- 1 Toulouse Airport. TLS IATA is the closest airport to Castelnau-de-Montmiral at 50 km away. The trip between Toulouse airport and Castelnau-de-Montmiral costs €130-170 by taxi (2021) and takes around 54 minutes.
A train operates between Toulouse and Gaillac which takes 55 minutes and costs €32-55 (2021). From Gaillac to to travel to Castelnau, you'll need to travel by taxis which costs between €26-32, and takes about 13 minutes.
To visit Castelnau, the most is walking, because the village is on a slope. You can use a bike or a car because a parking is at the entrance of the village, or a parking in the village. A petrol shop is at the bottom of village.
- The central square surrounded by corbel vaults, with an ancient pillory
- The Notre Dame de l’Assomption church, with a 16th-century bell
ancient stone houses and half-timbered houses
- The ramparts
- The Reliquary cross, created in 1341 by a goldsmith in Albi
- The nearby forest La Grésigne
- You can see church "Notre dame de l' Assomption", built as early as 1300 AD. You can take pictures of view and village.
In Castelnau, you can visit the village and enjoy medieval village.You can walk in the village and around, admirate the place of the village and the famous "arcades". Or you can go to a forest of Gresigne, its around Castelnau.
Every year, at the end of July, "Les Musicales de Montmiral" offers a music festival for three days.
In Castelnau de Montmiral, you can buy local products, is a honey shop not far away the village. There are shops in the village. A grocery shop is at the bottom of the village. Around Castelanu, you can buy products at farms: meat, eggs, vegetables, farmers' products.
In Castelnau de Montmiral, you can eat or drink at "L'auberge des arcades", in the centre of the village, is speciality is wild boar stew and they use local products. They menu is hearty and carefully presented, the prices are from €20 to 28 (2021); access is possible for wheelchairs.
- Le Ménagier. Only made with local products The price for two people is between €30-50.
- Marina Pizza. A pizza shop at the bottom of the village , and has reasonable prices.
- 1 Mas Castel. A hotel where you have a pool, free brekkie each morning and free Wi-Fi. €91.80 per night.
- 2 La Durantie. A hotel with a beautiful view, a pool, free wifi and pets are allowed. €146.70 per night.
- 3 Domaine Les Miquels. An old farmhouse, now a hotel. They propose specially french cooking for your meals and additionally you have a free private parking. €81.80 per night.