Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Boumerdès Province (Boumerdes)|
Situated along the Mediterranean coast of Algeria, making it a coastal region with picturesque landscapes. Part of the larger Kabylie region.
|Béjaïa Province (Bejaia)|
Part of the larger Kabylie region, it is known for its breathtaking coastal landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and historical significance.
The most notable cities in Central Algeria:
- 1 Algiers (Arabic: الجزائر) – the capital city and the main starting point for all travel in Algeria.
- 2 Bejaia (Arabic: بجاية) – a Meditteranean port city with a large ethnic Berber population
- 3 Blida (Arabic: البليدة) – a picturesque, lush, vibrant city
- 4 Bouira (Arabic: البويرة) – a charming city that beckons travelers seeking a tranquil escape to nature
- 5 Boumerdes
- 6 Médéa
- 7 Tamentfoust
- 8 Tizi Ouzou
- 9 Tissemsilt
Central Algeria, "الجزائر العاصمة" in Arabic, is one of the most visited regions in Algeria, and it's densely populated.
- The public garden "حديقة التجارب" is worth visiting, it's located in Mohamed Belouizdad street in Hamma.
- Try the local pancakes, "زلابية" it's pronounced "zalabia".
- Also try the traditional food "chakh-choukha".
- Don't forget to try "Garantita", "Karantika" in some places.