There is an airport in Kronoby serving Kokkola with flights to Helsinki. Kokkola is on the main north-south railroad, so you can easily get in by train from the southern or northern parts of the country. In addition buses along the coast stop in Kokkola, from where you can continue with local buses to inland towns.
Trains of the national operator VR can be used for travelling inside the province.
There is a dense coach network covering most of the province, timetables from Matkahuolto.
Onnibus offers a discount bus service by a few routes.
- Tankar lighthouse outside Kokkola
- The old town of Kokkola, Neristan
- Celebrate what is called the "Venetian party" (Venetsialaiset); the ending of the summer cottage season with fireworks in Kokkola.
- Watch and listen to folk music performances at the yearly folk music festival in Kaustinen.
- 1 Agrotourism Hirsikangas, Rahkosentie 809, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Two cottages by the Ullava lake.