Maryland Route 260 terminates at the Chesapeake Bay in Chesapeake Beach. Coming from Washington, D.C., take Route 4 from the Beltway to MD-260. Coming from Annapolis, head south on Route 2. From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) take MD-301 S to MD-4 S.
From Washington's Capital Beltway (I-95/495), take Route 4 south into Calvert County. Take the Route 260 ramp to the Beaches. See ALL below. From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), take Route 301 south to Route 4 south into Calvert County. Take the Route 260 ramp to the Beaches. See ALL below.
From Annapolis, take Route 2 south to Route 260 east. Follow Route 260 until it ends at the Chesapeake Bay. Turn left and go north approximately 0.6 mile.
From Southern Maryland, take Routes 2/4 north to Sunderland. When Routes 2/4 split, take Route 2 north to Route 260 east (right). Follow Route 260 until it ends at the Chesapeake Bay. Turn left and go north approximately 0.6 mile.
Maryland Commuter Bus Route #820 operates service to/from Washington, D.C. on weekdays.
A must for Sunday visitors is a stop at the Bayside History Museum, 9006 Dayton Avenue, from 1PM–4PM. The many exhibits detail the history of the Northern Calvert/Southern Anne Arundel Counties' Chesapeake Bay communities. Arrangements for special events/group tours can be made by calling 410-495-8386.
Don't miss the free summer concerts held the second Saturday of the month from June – August and our annual Bayfest held the fourth weekend in August where an array of crafters show off their talents.
You'll find great Shopping: Antique shops, Fine arts gallery, Novelty shops, Gift shops, Flower shop, Candy store All shopping and restaurants are within walking distance of the pier, boardwalk and beach.
- [dead link] Smokey Joe's, 4165 Mears Avenue (Attached to Chesapeake Beach Resort), ☏ . Su-Th 7AM-10PM, F-Sa 7AM-11PM. This casual family restaurant has take out service through the bar, including two dedicated take out parking spaces. They have a nice section of the menu featuring items from Wesley Stinnett's Restaurant, which was closed due to Tropical Storm Isabel after 67 years in operation, and they also do a pirate-themed family night on Tuesdays which is a lot of fun for the kids.
- Little Panda, 7836 Bayside Rd (Chesapeake Station), ☏ . Good Chinese takeout.
- Neptune's Seafood Pub, 8800 Chesapeake Avenue, ☏ .
- Sweet Sue's Bake Shop, 9132 Bay Avenue, ☏ .
- Tastee Freez, 8831 Chesapeake Avenue, ☏ .
- Thursday's Bar & Grill, 9200 Bay Avenue, ☏ , .
- Westlawn Inn, 9200 Chesapeake Avenue, ☏ .
- Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, 4165 Mears Avenue, toll-free: . Balconies directly overlooking the Chesapeake Bay and the Calvert Cliffs, a full-service spa, marinas with slip rentals and charter fishing, two restaurants and an outdoor café.
Herrington Harbour Inn Rt. 261, 7161 Lake Shore Drive Rose Haven, MD 20714 +1-800-213-9438 • +1 410-741-5100 • +1 301-855-8399