Chōshi (銚子) is a city in Chiba Prefecture.
Limited express Shiosai (しおさい) trains from Tōkyō on the Sōbu Main Line cost ¥3,510 for an unreserved seat or ¥3,820 for a reserved seat, and take about 1 hr 40 min for the whole trip. The last Shiosai leaving Chōshi at 18:40 does not stop at Tōkyō Station, but terminates in Shinjuku at 20:42. Missing this will require taking several local trains, most likely transferring at Chiba. The entire trip by local train costs ¥2,210, but takes about 2½ hours.
All services mentioned above are fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass and the JR East Pass.
- Train: The Chōshi Electric Railway Line travels from Chōshi Station, connecting with JR, to Tokawa Station, near the easternmost point in Chiba Prefecture. Fares are distance based, ranging from ¥150 to ¥310.
- Bicycle: From the main exit of Choshi Station straight ahead approx 300 m on the left. It costs ¥735 all day for renting one bicycle.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Inubōsaki Lighthouse (犬吠埼灯台 Inubōsaki Tōdai), 9576 Inubōsaki (walk 7 minutes from Inubō Station on the Chōshi Electric Railway Line), ☏ . Daily 08:30-16:00; closed in inclement weather. Adults ¥200, elementary school and younger free.
- 2 Yamasa Soy Sauce Factory Tour (ヤマサ醤油工場見学ツアー), 2-10-1 Araoicho (walk 3 minutes from Nakanomachi Station on the Chōshi Electric Railway Line), ☏ . Reservation required.
- 1 Gyoukeikan (ぎょうけい館), 10293 Inubousaki, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:00. 3-star ryokan with indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, hot spring bath, free private parking, a bar, a garden and free WiFi. Sea views in the rooms and access to a sauna.
|Routes through Choshi|
|Chiba ← Naruto ←||W E||→ END|