Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Clayton Historical Society Museum, 6101 Main St, ☎ .
- 2 Clayton City Hall (formerly De Martini Winery), 5919 Clayton Rd. Paul de Martini built Clayton Vineyards Winery in 1885 on land formerly owned by Joel Clayton, the area's first vintner.
- Beautiful mountainside.
- 1 Ed's Mudville Grill, 6200 Center St, ☎ . A sports bar located off of Clayton Road in downtown Clayton. The spaghetti is good, the Hefeweizen (in mugs) is generous, but the true star of the establishment is the mini-basketball game ($0.50 for one game, with a free game given for scores over 30) hidden in the back near the arcade games.
- 2 Skipolini's Pizza, 1033 Diablo St, ☎ . A great, local pizza place located in downtown Clayton that regularly wins Bay Area awards for its pizza. There is a bocce court for adults, a play structure for children and an arcade for teens.
- Concord - One of the largest cities in the East Bay, offering a variety of shopping and dining options.
- Mount Diablo State Park - This 20,000 acre park borders Clayton to the south and provides great hiking opportunities on a mountain that dominates the landscape for most of central and eastern Contra Costa County. It offers an incredible viewshed, with views on clear days stretching 181 miles to Mount Lassen.