Clifton Park is a city in the Hudson Valley in the Capital District region of New York. It is in Saratoga County between Albany and Saratoga Springs in upstate New York. Home of one of the largest school districts in the state, it has plenty of attractions, and close access to Albany and Saratoga.
Located on I-87, it is 10 minutes north of Albany and 15 minutes south of Saratoga Springs.
Greyhound runs through the town with a stop at Exit 8 Park and Ride.
The Mohawk River runs right through Clifton Park, creating many nature preserves and reservoirs.
- Mohawk Towpath. An official New York Scenic Bypass, you can walk or drive along the Mohawk River for some fresh air. Just follow the signs.
- Visher Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve, Riverview Road. These 41 acres of land was part of the original Erie Canal. Bring a friend or a dog and explore the trails at any time of the year by foot, ski, or snowshoe.
- Stony Creek Reservoir. A prime place for fishing or relaxing by the water.
- Dwaas Kill Nature Preserve. 250 acres of technology free environment to explore.
- Colin's Park, Moe Road. Located across from the main campus of Shenendehowa School District, this park is a popular place to bring the kids for a picnic in the afternoon and play on the swing set.
- Longkill Park, Longkill Road. Located in the northern part of Clifton Park, this is a popular park for high school kids to play a game of pick up, whether it be football, Frisbee, kickball, or basketball.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Clifton Common, 7 Clifton Common Blvd. This has a little bit of everything. An outdoor concert venue with free concerts every Sunday, 6 softball/baseball fields, a multitude of soccer fields, basketball courts, a full playground and extra room for whatever else you want to play. Also the home of the ice arena and tournaments for a variety of sports.
- 2 Clifton Park Ice Arena, 16 Clifton Common Blvd, ☏ . The capital region's premier ice arena is the home to figure skating, hockey, and free skating. Open year round, go check out the hours to see when you can drop by for some fun.
- 3 Regal Cinemas, 22 Clifton Country Rd, ☏ . An 8-screen cinema playing the latest movies.
- Rose Kiernan/Clifton Park International Soccer Classic: 10–12 July. Come watch teams from England, Austria, Denmark, and other countries play alongside local and national competition in this annual 3 days soccer tournament. Ages range from the U8 to U23 division.
- Clifton Park Center, 22 Clifton Country Road, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9:30PM, Su 11AM-5PM. This mall is the home of many popular shops like American Eagle, Aeropostale and Marshalls.
There is about every chain restaurant you can think of there, including over 10 Dunkin' Donuts. However, there are also many original or regional places that you should give a try.
- Angel's Food and Ice Cream, 5 Southside Dr, ☏ . A cute ice cream shop where you can make your own kind of ice cream from a variety of mix-ins. Also order food off their backyard bbq type menu.
- Country Drive Inn, 1455 Vischer Ferry Rd, ☏ . seasonal. A must-have in the summer, this trailer serves summer's favorite foods as well as soft serve ice cream. Seating is outside picnic tables under umbrellas so watch the weather!
- Halfmoon Diner, 231 Grooms Rd, ☏ . A perfect place to grab any meal of the day. A home-style diner feel with quick service.
- Krauses Resaturant and Grove, 2 Beach Rd, ☏ . A waterfront restaurant to watch the sunset as you talk about the catch of the day with fellow fishermen and water enthusiasts.
- Mama's Pizza Oven, 77 Dunsbach Rd, ☏ . An Italian eatery that makes you feel like you are right at home.
- Salty's Pub and Galley, 215 Guideboard Rd, ☏ . Authentic seafood as well as a little bit of everything else. Perfect place for the whole family.
- Klamsteam Tavern and Marina, 32 Clamsteam Rd, ☏ . Right off the Mohawk River, a relaxed place to grab a bite to eat and a cold drink while watching the game after a day out.
- Pam's Pub, 1536 Crescent Rd, ☏ . Serving a full dinner menu all night, an ideal place to unwind after a day of sightseeing.
- Mocha Lisa's, 1683 Route 9, ☏ . A quaint coffee shop to hang out with you friends and family and plan your day or talk about anything.
- The Rusty Nail, 1781 Route 9, ☏ . Want to eat some wings and have a drink or two? The Rusty Nail is the place for you.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 18 Clifton Park Village Road, toll-free: .
- [dead link] Hampton Inn Clifton Park, 620 Plank Road, ☏ .
- Comfort Suites, 7 Northside Drive, ☏ .
- The Inn Clifton Park, 41 Fire Rd. - Old Rt. 146, ☏ .
- Best Western Clifton Park, 617 Plank Road, ☏ .
- Halfmoon Residential Inn, Rte. 9, ☏ .
- Saratoga Springs Home of the famous Saratoga Race Track. There is also Saratoga State Park, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Yaddo, and the picturesque Broadway full of shops.
- Lake George The perfect summer destination with attractions such as Americade, water parks, beaches, and tons of shopping.
- Albany The state capital is full of museums, parks, night life, and other city like activities.
|Routes through Clifton Park|
|Montreal ← Saratoga Springs ←||N S||→ Cohoes → Albany|