Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Shawnee Hills Wine trail: Numerous wineries all connected by a trail with Cobden in the center.
There are many lakes, rivers, hiking trails, and camping areas:
- Giant City State Park, inspiration point (overlook),
- Oakwood Bottoms,
- Trail of Tears State Park and Grand Tower Beach on the Mississippi River
- River To River Relay Race. Annually (in April). An 80 mile race from the Mississippi to the Ohio River runs through Cobden, and it's all hills.
- Yellowmoon Cafe, 110 Front Street, ☏ . Live music every weekend, Local Art works, food, snacks, ice cream treats, beer, local wines, and wireless internet access too.
- Fuzzy's Bar and Grill, 106 Front Street, ☏ . Frequently having live music, karaoke. Appetizers, pizza, snacks, sandwiches, Friday fish fry. Pool tables, darts, large horseshoe bar, beer, wine.spirits. Great friendly atmosphere.
- Bruce Goff Castle B&B, 2375 Wing Hill Rd. Enjoy some organic architecture designed by internationally acclaimed architect Bruce Goff. Enjoy the views on an ancient mountaintop including major bluff activity of huge rocks strewn about by the last ice age water dam bursting over the top of one the wings of Wing Hill. Enjoy sitting with friends under overhang rock formations whilst noting the privacy of Shawnee National forest lands with out others crawling about. Enjoy access to landmark Rich's Cave that Daniel Boone signed the walls back in time to 1766.
- Boars Nest Bed & Breakfast Nestled in the woods, these five cabins are centrally located in the heart of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail. Relax and enjoy time on a wrap around deck that overlooks the woodlands. An eight person hot tub is a sure way to unwind at the end of the trail. Boars Nest is close to all the local amenities, of shopping, nightlife, restaurants, gas stations, anything the traveler should need, or close comforts for local guests. Open year round. 920 Kratzinger Hollow Rd Cobden IL 62920 +1-800-440-4489  email@example.com
- The Davie School Inn, 300 Freeman Street (6 miles South of Cobden), ☏ . Check-in: 2:30PM, check-out: 11AM. 11 Huge 850 Sq Ft Suites, King Beds, Private baths with Jacuzzis, Kitchenetts, Breakfast Served in your Suite at the time you like and it is what you like, Romance, Family, or Groups we welcome all.
|Routes through Cobden|
|Carbondale ← Makanda ←||N S||→ Cairo → Memphis|