Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cooperstown is a rural town in the scenic Sheyenne River valley.
- By car: exit 283 from I-94 to state highway 1, north for about 37 miles, then east for 3 miles on SH-200.
- By plane: Cooperstown Municipal Airport
- Cooper Theatre, 810 Burel Ave. SW. Small, rural movie theater.
- Griggs County Historical Museum, 12th Street SE, ☏ . See antiques, newspapers and collectibles from early residents. Rhodes Busy Little Farm. Lumber Camp mechanical display and a veterans recognition center. Open from May to September on Sunday 1PM-4:30PM or by appointment. Adults $2, family membership $5.
- Lake Johnson State Historic Site (6 miles south and 1 mile west of Cooperstown), ☏ . Honors George T. Johnson, Company G, 3rd Illinois Cavalry, who drowned in the lake during the 1863 Sibley Expedition.
- 1 Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile State Historic Site (Oscar-Zero), 555 113-1/2 Ave NE Hwy 45 (4 miles north of Cooperstown on State Hwy 45), ☏ . Varies by season. Consisting of two sites, Oscar-Zero (a former Missile Alert Facility) and November-33 (a former Launch Facility or missile silo) were only two of 165 Cold War era nuclear missile facilities operated by the 321st Strategic Missile Wing at Grand Forks Air Force Base, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Operating from 1966-1997, only Oscar-Zero and November-33 would be preserved as historic sites and in 2009 were formally opened for tours by the State Historical Society of North Dakota. Open year round with varying hours, visitors can tour a former nuclear missile control center buried 50 feet below ground and experience the living and work areas of America's Cold War missileers. $10 adult, $3 age 6-15, Free ages 0-5.
- Coachman Inn, 504 9th St SW (5 blocks north on state highway 45 (off State Hwy 200)), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Steakhouse and lounge.
- Cooper Drive-In, 1103 Rollin Ave SE, ☏ . Open April 1 til October 1.
- Pizza Ranch, Box 275, ☏ . Offering pizzas, lunch buffet and dinner buffet on selected evenings
- Wooden Gardens Coffee and Gift Shop, 813 Burrel Ave NW, ☏ . Offering coffee drinks, daily lunch specials and desserts
- The Fishbowl, 907 Burrel Ave. NE, ☏ .
- The Oasis, 906 Burrel Ave. SE, ☏ .
- Coachman Inn, 504 9th St SW (5 blocks north on state highway 45 (off State Hwy 200)), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 21 room motel.
- Westside Motel, 601 Rollin Ave SW, ☏ . 9 rooms, 4 kitchenettes.
- Volden Farm Bed & Breakfast, 11943 County Rd 26, Luverne, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Old world atmosphere on the wide prairie of Eastern North Dakota. Main House contains Russian and Norwegian furnishings and artifacts. 300 acres of fields and woods, hills and coulees surround the house.
- Park Ave Bed and Breakfast (Park Ave B&B), 701 Park Ave NW, ☏ , ✉ ParkAveBedandBreakfast@gmail.com. Located in a home built in 1904 and decorated with antiques and family treasures. This B&B offers comfortable guest bedrooms, full breakfast, wireless internet service, AC and fireplace. $65-$71.
- Cooperstown City Campground, Foster Ave NE (City Park), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Open May 31 thru September 30. Tent and 6 RV sites with full hookups.
|Routes through Cooperstown|
|Washburn ← Carrington ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Hillsboro|