Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Corinth — A nondescript port town. Can serve as a base for Mycenae. Some miles away the ancient Corinth, with the ruins of one of the first civilizations of Greece
- 2 Kiato — The western terminus of the suburban railway line from Athens International Airport.
- 3 Loutraki — A spa resort, with very good hotels, a beach and a casino.
- 4 Melissi — A pretty coastal village, between the more touristic towns of Kiato and Xylokastro
- 5 Nemea — A typical town of the area, hosting interesting ancient and Byzantine monuments.
- 6 Xylokastro — A seaside resort with sports facilities, and a yacht marina.
- 1 Ziria — A tiny hamlet on the slope of the second highest mountain in the Peloponnese and a favourite destination for mountain climbers and tourists alike. In ancient times Mount Ziria (or Kyllini) was sacred to Hermes and his birth cave is just off the road, half an hour hiking from the Hellenic Alpine Club Refuge.
- 2 Lake Stymphalia —
- 3 Feneos Valley — A scenic valley hemmed by Mount Kyllini to the East and the more rugged peaks of Mount Chelmos to the West