Jump to navigation Jump to search
The airport also has two rental car places:
- Budget Rental Cars operates out of Cortez airport. +1 970 564-9012
- Hertz Rental at Cortez airport. +1 970 565-2001 -- Daily 9AM-10:30PM.
- The Crow Canyon Archaeological Center is near Cortez. A not-for-profit organization, 170-acre research center and "living classroom" dedicated to involving the public in the study of archaeology and native American cultures. Offers experiential education programs for students and adults.
- 1 Hawkins Preserve.
- 2 Yucca House National Monument.
- Francisca's Fine Mexican Food, 125 E. Main St, ☏ . open until 8PM M-Th, 8:30PM F-Sun. "Fine" may overstate it, but the basic Mexican offerings (most with a New Mexican twist) are acceptable and reasonably priced.
- Main Street Brewery. On the main strip, this pub has their own microbrews which are very good but go there for the awesome murals and their cheeseburgers. They raise their own beef and the result is just amazing.
- Koko's Friendly Pub, E. Main.
- Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites, 535 E. Main St, ☏ . Basic but acceptable lodging on the main drag through town.
- Comfort Inn, 2321 E. Main, ☏ .
- Days Inn.
- Econo Lodge, 2020 E. Main St, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express - Cortez, 2121 E. Main, ☏ .
- Rodeway Inn, 1120 East Main, ☏ .
- Anasazi Heritage Center and McPhee Reservoir
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
- San Juan Scenic Skyway
- Durango has its attractions, including the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Park, which also operates the Ute Mountain Casino
- Four Corners National Monument, located southwest of town on US-160, this is where New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah meet at the same point. People like to get on their hands and knees so that they can touch all four states at once. Entry fee is $3. The monument closes at 5PM.
|Routes through Cortez|
|Tuba City ← Four Corners ←||W E||→ Mesa Verde N.P. → Durango|
|END ← Monticello ←||N S||→ Farmington → Gallup|