Jump to navigation Jump to search
Coruche (koo-ROO-sh(ih) ,/ku.ˈɾu.ʃɨ/) municipality has 17,375 residents (2021 preliminary), with about 9,000 living in the town.
- 1 Posto de Turismo de Coruche e Loja do Montado (Tourist Information Office), Rua 5 de Outubro (Mercado Municipal de Coruche), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer: 10:00–12:30 & 14:00–18:30 daily, winter: 09:00–12:30 & 14:00–17:30 daily.
- 1 Terminal Rodoviário (Bus Station), Rua Dr. Virgílio Pais do Amaral. Rede Expressos provides long-distance intercity bus connections. Ribatejana offers regional bus service.
- The nearest train station is in Santarém, 39 km (24 mi)/40 min away.
- The nearest motorway is the A13 (Autoestrada do Pinhal Interior), with access into town via the N114 and N119 roads.
- 1 Ermida Nossa Senhora do Castelo (Our Lady of the Castle Chapel). Built on the site of a former hilltop castle from Iberian Reconquista times, legend has it that the chapel was founded by King Afonso Henriques (the Conqueror), and there's a portrait of him here. The site offers spectacular views over the surrounding plains.
- 2 Igreja da Misericórdia (Mercy Church), Travessa do Hospital 2. Built in 1580, this church has Mannerist and Rococo features. Artworks include murals and paintings on canvas. There's a 19th-century pipe organ.
- 3 Museu Municipal de Coruche (Coruche Municipal Museum), Rua Júlio Maria de Sousa 14, ☏ , email@example.com. Summer: Tu–Su 10:30–13:00 & 14:30–18:00; winter: Tu–Su 09:30–13:00 & 14:30–17:00; closed M & holidays year-round. The main exhibit deals with the history of the people of Coruche from the earliest times. The museum also has three centres: education, rural life, and bullfighting.
- 1 Coruja Chef, EN 114, Quinta de São Martinho, ☏ . M–Sa 12:00–15:30 & 19:00–22:00, closed M. Traditional Portuguese dishes in a cozy, rustic space. €10-15.
- 2 Restaurante Maia, Rua do Comercio 43, Couço, ☏ . M–Th Sa 12:00–15:00, F 12:00–15:00 & 19:30–21:30. Mid-range.
- 3 Sabores de Coruche, EN 114, Cruzamento Monte Barca, ☏ . Tu–Su 12:00–16:00 & 19:30–23:00, closed M. Mid-range.
- 1 Casa do Rio Sorraia, Rua Salvaterra de Magos 46, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. 15-room guest house with free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €50-51.
- 2 Monte do Areeiro, Estrada Nacional 114, km 100.7, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Six-room rural lodging on a cork tree farm with swimming pool, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €129-155.
- 3 Quinta da Mimosa, Rua Nova 24, Fajarda. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Seven-room rustic bed and breakfast on a garden-filled farm with swimming pool and bar, hot tub, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €70-162.