Costa Teguise is a city on the Canary Islands and is located on the eastern side of Lanzarote, close to the capital and only 10 to 15 minutes by car from the airport. It offers all types of accommodations and activities. Costa Teguise is one of the most attractive tourist areas on Lanzarote thanks to its array of lodgings, beaches, services and the tranquillity one breathes around it. This is definitely one of the preferred destinations for families visiting the island.
Bus is easy to get to Arrecife and Puerto del Carmen and runs all night (2.60 euros to Carmen)
You can hire a car for 50 euros for a three day period and drive around the island proper, very interesting landscapes and sights to be seen.
- Nearby aquatic park provides fun for all.
- Costa Teguise's beaches are known good for windsurfing.
- Scuba Diving from Costa Teguise is some of the best in Europe. Try it with Active Diving
- lexington steel..
Nicest places, for those wishing to avoid sheperds pie and scampi and chips in one of the myriad of "British" pubs, are situated around the old square. Huge steaks and (fairly pricey) tapas.
Nice tapas place on the main road which curves around the outside of the resort.
- La Bodeguetta. Newly opened tapas and wine bar. Great to sample a taste of real Canarian food in a resort packed with European focused Steak Houses. Really friendly staff, great wine and great location, just sheltered from the breeze. Located at the southern end of the Los Cucharas beach past the Irish bars (Henneseys etc).
The Chill Out Bar on the first floor along from Dreams is about the only decent bar in the town. More South East Asian in feel than Spanish, but pretty cool and cheap beers.
Everywhere else in Costa Teguise is like something out of "Pheonix Nights", i.e. stuck in 1982. Wall to wall Karaoke and pop tribute acts. Places with the names "The Red Lion" and "The Black Bull" abound, with most showing Coronation Street and Emmerdale for those who wish they were still in their two up, two down in Rotherham.
"Cayote Disco Pub" is about the only place that could reasonably be described as a Nightclub (or disco, "nightclub" seems to be widely understood as a brothel in Spain - which would be more interesting, frankly), but it's still pretty ropey.
All rather depressing, really.
There are a number of large 4-5 star hotels.
- Apartments Celeste, Avda. Islas Canarias, 21-23-25, Costa Teguise, ☎ . The Hotel Celeste features 85 fully equipped apartments with one and two bedrooms. Located in the heart of Costa Teguise, Lanzarote’s premier holiday resort, the complex is divided into three blocks, each with its own swimming pool and sunbathing area.
- Coronas Playa, Avda del Mar 26, Costa Teguise, ☎ . The Hotel Coronas Playa is situated in a prime seafront location, the nearby beach Playa Bastian and the local shops and bars are only a short distance away.
- [dead link]Oasis Timanfaya Golf, Av El Golf, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, 35508, ☎ . Hotel with a 3-key rating, surrounded by beautiful scenery.