Curepipe is in Mauritius.
Due its altitude of 561 m, Curepipe is known for its cooler climate than other towns in Mauritius.
Curepipe is 30 km south of Port Louis by car. UBS provides a regular bus service from the capital too.
- 1 Trou aux Cerfs (Murr's Volcano). This volcano crater dormant for 700,000 years is the main attraction in Curepipe.
- 2 Botanic Gardens, Route des Jardins. Daily 6AM-6PM (except some public holidays). The gardens have the rarest palm tree, Hyophorbe amaricaulis, of which there is only one specimen in the world.
- Monvert Nature Park. The park is full of interesting trails with endemic trees and flowers.
Curepipe is a lively market town with a mix of boutique shops and larger malls. There is a variety of shops selling local ethnic wear and as well as modern Western clothing. The upmarket stores have fixed prices while you can bargain (though not excessively) in the touristy street markets.
- Bistro Barbu, arcades currimjee, ☏ . This restaurant is small in size with a retro vibe. A good place to get your burger and salad fix.
- 1 Blue Ivy Café, Melrose Palace Royal Rd, ☏ . A vintage, arty café with wooden decor. Try the creamy milkshakes.
- Le Plaza Hotel, N. P. Building - Pot de Terre Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. There are 82 rooms altogether. Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't want to smell tobacco during your stay.