Cygnet is a small town in the Huon Valley region of Southeast Tasmania, of population 839. It is nessled in an apple and berry growing district, a short distance from the Huon river, amongst ungulating hills and valleys.
The township has a burgeoning artistic community and a number of excellent cafes, restaurants and galleries. There is much local agricultural produce that can be procured from the side of the road and forms a theme through the local cuisine. The best produce, food and art is best found by asking one of the many friendly locals or shopkeepers. This is a town with an old fashioned small town ethos with a unique Tasmanian fusion of art and argerianism.
Cygnet is a 56 km (50 minute) drive south-west from Hobart. The township is within an hour from the Hartz mountains national park and many other local towns.
- Huon Jet, Esplanade, Huonville, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9AM-5PM daily. Ride in a jet boat on the Huon River
Fresh fruit from the side of the road.
- Chemmart Chemist, 59 Main Road Huonville, ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-2PM, Sunday and Public Holidays 10AM-2PM. For pharmaceutical needs, photo processing, fragrances and beauty.
- Gondwana Forest Products, Main St, Huonville, ☏ . Sellers of Tasmanian timbers and fine furniture.
- Red Velvet Lounge, 24 Mary Street, ☏ .
- Port Huon Cottages, Main Road, Port Huon (Look out for the dark blue shed-like houses, you can't miss it.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fully self contained cottages with BBQ and fishing equipment.
- Cygnet Hotel, 77 Mary Street.