Dakhla Oasis is an oasis in the Western Desert of Egypt.
- 1 Mut (Mout, Madinat el-Dakhla) — main city in the Dakhla depression.
- 2 Balat
- 3 Qasr el-Dakhla (el-Qasr)
|Climate chart (explanation)|
There are no regular, civilian flight service to and from Dakhla Oasis (Apr 2017).
- West Delta Bus Co. arranges regular bus trips to Daklha Oasis from Cairo Turgman Terminal.
- Upper Egypt Bus Co. operates daily buses from Asyut to Dakhla, departure at Asyut at 8AM, arriving at Dakhla at 3:45PM, LE 8 (2008).
There are 5 buses per day from Mut to Balat and Bashandi, between 6AM and 3PM, and 4 buses per day from Mut to Qasr and Mawhoub, between 6AM and 5:30PM.
- Ethnographic Museum, Mut (next to the cinema). The museum follows the ground plan of a traditional Islamic house with women's quarters and public men's rooms. It contains pots, rugs, dresses, baskets and jewelry used in Islamic times and pictures showing scenes of everyday life. For admission call the Tourist Information Office
- Abu Mohamed Restaurant, Third Street. expensive
- Anwar Restaurant, Desert Paradise (in the town center), ☏ .
- Arabi Restaurant, 3rd Street.
- Ahmed Hamdi Restaurant, Third Street, ☏ .
- Al-Dohous Bedouin Camp, Sheikh Abd-al Hamid, ☏ , . 20 chalets or tents, hot and cold water, inexpensive, view on the desert, camel safaris and 4x4 drives can be arranged
- El Forsan, Ehab Zacharia (in the town center), ☏ . 9 rooms, hot and cold water, associated to Anwar Restaurant
- Gardens Hotel (Al-Ganain Hotel), ☏ . hot and cold water. LE 15 single without bathroom, LE 20 with bathroom.
- Nasser Camp and Hotel, Sheikh wali (outside of Mut). 7 rooms, bath separate, sand dunes, hot and cold springs, English and Germoan spoken, offers safaris, contact through restaurants only
- El Kasr Inn (across the road from Qasr Dakhla village), ☏ , fax: . Booking via Pan Arab in Cairo, 5 rooms with bath, hot and cold water, 10 tents for campers, showers, toilets, jacuzzi, restaurant.
- Mebarez Tourist Hotel, Third Street, ☏ . Rooms with hot and cold water, showers, TV, air conditionning. Cafeteria and dining room.
- Sol Y Mar Mut Inn (Mut 3 Chalet) (3 km north of Mut), ☏ (?). Former Hot Springs Resthouse, completely renovated, Roadside Resthouse with 4 bedrooms, 3 private baths and a living room, Pooslide Resthouse with 6 chalets with 2 beds and a bathroom. operated by Solymar Resorts and Hotels, 157, 26th July Street, Zamalek, Cairo.
- Tourist Information, New Mosque Square, tel: 820407, fax: 820782, and on the main road to Qasr, tel: 821686, fax: 820782, open daily 8AM-2PM.
- Mut Hospital, beside the petrol station on the main road.
- Bank Misr, Tahir Square, open Su-Th 8:30AM-2PM, money change only Sa-Th 7PM-9PM, closed F.
- Gasoline stations: at each entrance of Mut, several tire repair shops on the main road.
- Cairo — 2 buses per day operated by Upper Egyptian Bus Company, leaving Mut at 6AM and 6PM.
- Kharga — 4 buses per day.
- Luxor — via Asyut on F, Su and Tu.