Borlänge and Falun are the dominant cities, and traditional rivals.
- 1 Avesta
- 2 Borlänge , the largest city, with a university campus
- 3 Hedemora
- 4 Falun , the county seat, famous for its copper mine and skiing stadium
- 5 Ludvika including Säfsen
- 6 Smedjebacken
- 7 Säter
As part of Bergslagen, this region was important to the Swedish metal industry.
- Dala Airport in Borlänge has daily flights from Gothenburg and Malmö.
- Each municipal centre is served by national rail carrier SJ.
- Dalatrafik is the regional public transportation company.
Dalabergslagen is famous for mining tourism.
Falun has the Falu copper mine, and realist painter Carl Larsson's farm in Sundborn.
- Falukorv, the traditional sausage of Falun.