Dan Chang is in Suphan Buri Province.
Dan Chang is a town of approximately 15,000 inhabitants, in the northwest of Suphanburi Province, Thailand. It is set in a rural area which is predominantly sugar cane growing land. A large sugar factory is based to the east of the town. There is an agricultural college to the south of town.
Dan Chang is on Rte 333 between U Thong (to the south) and Ban Rai (to the north).
Buses from several locations arrive at the central bus station.
- Minibus 69 from Victory Monument, Bangkok
- Minibus 483 from Suphanburi
- Blue bus 325 from Kanchanaburi
To catch Bus 69 from Bangkok, leave the BTS (Skytrain) at the Victory Monument station and follow the signs for the Victory Monument exit. You will be lead to a walkway above the streets that goes around a large roundabout/traffic island. Follow the walkway to get off at the other side of the roundabout: if you imagine the roundabout as a clock face and you entered at 6 o'clock, you are getting off at about 11 o'clock. Walk a short distance away from Victory Monument and to your left, under a road fly-over is a car park where the mini-buses set off from.
- Krasieo Reservoir and Dam. This is the longest earthen dam in Thailand (4.25 km) with a reservoir of approximately 45 square km. There are many floating fish farms on the reservoir that add to the character of the area.
- Market. There are numerous food vendors and side street restaurants near the market. Food is cooked on request, and don't expect a menu.
- Pizza House. Run by a Swedish chef and serving Italian cuisine.
- Camping House.
- Chatkaew Hotel.
Various buses leave from the main bus station.
- Mini bus 69 to Bangkok (takes approximately 3 hr). Beware, not every bus goes all the way to Victory Monument. Goes via Suphanburi.
- Blue bus 325 to Kanchanaburi (takes approximately 2.5 hr).